[June 27th-29th] Stead Hall Wood (Between Otley and Ikley)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Stead Hall Wood

Our site is situated between Otley and Ikley in village of Burley-In-Wharfedale. There is a train station roughly 1.5m walk from site so ideal for people who will be traveling on train as well. Just turn left out of station down Station Road, go under bridge and follow road round onto Moor Ln until you see Colston Dr on right with the Stead Hall Wood sign on left on path (Pictured below).

• This is non-profit making, once the farmer gets paid any further funds are used to improve facilities or donated to a charity chosen by the group.
  • This venue is offered for family wild camping/bushcraft activities only, and is not in any way offered as a course, although impromptu or planned demo's may happen!

Map1.jpgMap2.jpgKX2MQus.jpgIMG_2013-07-26_13.38.05[1].jpgEntrance2.jpg

IMG_20131115_125707[1].jpgIMG_2013-09-14_12.38.46[1].jpg

Fees

Price is £5 pppn to be paid on arrival.
Please remember to pay on arrival or once you have setup as it's a hassle having to go round reminding people.

Facilities

• Communal Area: We now have a designated communal area at bottom of woods with a parachute canopy. You're welcome to sit and use this any time you wish.
  • Toilets: Currently no semi-perm/perm toilet but we will be putting one in soon so it's a case of finding secluded area and making a deposit ;)
  • Running water: Running water is available from a tap on site as well as a tap in next field and also a stream running through site for people who would like to use that for boiling/filtering. So no need to bring water unless you prefer to use own.
  • Shower Blocks: Yeah get real :p

Rules/Guidelines

These are just some basic rules/guidelines which will be updated from time to time. We don't want to be all Nazi so just use common sense ;)

Parents/Guardians:
  • You need to be aware of where your children are at all times.
  • Please keep an eye on your children in the communal area and not let them run around as we don't want any unnecessary accidents.
  • We encourage the safe use of sharps, please make sure all carving and like is supervised.
  • Please ensure that your children are in bed or at your camping area from 10.00pm – 8.00am and are not running around during these times.

Noise:
  • Please keep noise to a minimum between 10.00pm – 08.00am. Enjoy yourself but please have consideration for others.
  • Please do any processing of firewood outside of these times. ie No loud axing of wood at 5am waking everybody up.

Fires:
  • Due to limited fuel, Personal fires must be kept small, dont waste what we have!
  • Please do not chop up the dead trees to use for logs, as these will be used for the communal fire only there is still plenty of smaller dead wood lying around.
  • Please leave fire scars to a minimum. Before leaving make sure your fire area is cleaned away, ie sweeping/washing away ash etc to leave no trace as much as possible.

Car Parking:
  • Vehicles are to be initially parked up the narrow grassed area to the left hand side of the static caravan.
  • Once this is full start filling car park from left to right.
    (will add pictures after next meet)

Rubbish:
  • There are no refuse facilities on site!
  • You bring it in, you take it away!!
  • There is never to be a communal rubbish bin!!!

Other:
  • Rules will be updated as we go.
  • Use common sense.

By adding your name to the list you're acknowledging that you have read all of the above.

How to list

If you're adding name to list please copy and paste most recent entry and add name to bottom using same number format. Also please try and add which nights you will be stopping or if unsure at the moment please add (TBC).

Example...

1. John Doe (Fri/Sat)
2. Jane Doe (TBC)

Last edited:

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Hi guys, just wondering are small tents ok? what sort of thing goes on at the meet?:confused:

Yeah tents are fine mate, not sure what the plan is for this month. But mainly its messing around with sharp things and fire :).

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Hi guys, just wondering are small tents ok? what sort of thing goes on at the meet?:confused:

Hi,

Yes small tents are fine bud :)

We don't have any specific plans for this meet, It's mainly to provide access to small woodland for wild camping or practice your bushcraft. As mentioned in the OP...
"This venue is offered for family wild camping/bushcraft activities only, and is not in any way offered as a course, although impromptu or planned demo's may happen!"

Ashfire

May 7, 2014
Holmfirth
Ok sounds good, subject to getting there after work etc. will hopefully get there fri.

1. ADz-1983 (Fri/Sat)
2. Digitracker
3. Flyfisher
4.copperhead TBC
5.Black Sheep TBC
6.Ashfire (Fri/Sat)

Leodis

Jun 2, 2014
Leeds
This looks like a great little place, I won't be able to come this time but I'll keep an eye out for when it's next on.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
1. ADz-1983 (Fri/Sat)
2. Digitracker
3. Flyfisher
4. copperhead TBC
5. Black Sheep TBC
6. Ashfire (Fri/Sat)
7. Scott (TBC)
8. Andy (TBC)
9. tartanferret (TBC)
10. Dave (TBC)

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
1. ADz-1983 (Fri/Sat)
2. Digitracker
3. Flyfisher
4. copperhead TBC
5. Black Sheep TBC
6. Ashfire (Fri/Sat)
7. Scott (TBC)
8. Andy (TBC)
9. tartanferret (TBC)
10. Dave (TBC)
11.digitracker junior (TBC)

Frazer

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2009
Highlands
What sort of toys should I be looking to bring along? Another 32' chute useful? Marshmallows? ;)

I don't know if it's needed this time round but I'm a general activity instructor by trade with bushcraft being my 'thing', I'll be happy to get people playing on a bow drill, making nettle cordage, the usual stuff, if folk fancy. If no, a few ciders round a communal fire and get to know a few folk round here is a-okay with me. :)

1. ADz-1983 (Fri/Sat)
2. Digitracker
3. Flyfisher
4. copperhead TBC
5. Black Sheep TBC
6. Ashfire (Fri/Sat)
7. Scott (TBC)
8. Andy (TBC)
9. tartanferret (TBC)
10. Dave (TBC)
11. digitracker junior (TBC)
12. Frazer (TBC)

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
What sort of toys should I be looking to bring along? Another 32' chute useful? Marshmallows? ;)

I don't know if it's needed this time round but I'm a general activity instructor by trade with bushcraft being my 'thing', I'll be happy to get people playing on a bow drill, making nettle cordage, the usual stuff, if folk fancy. If no, a few ciders round a communal fire and get to know a few folk round here is a-okay with me. :)

Hi Frazer,

No we should be fine with the one chute so no need to bring that. Marshmallows would be good though :D

Some demo's on bowdrill/cordage would be great, thanks bud :)

1. ADz-1983 (Fri/Sat)
2. Digitracker
3. Flyfisher
4. copperhead TBC
5. Black Sheep TBC
6. Ashfire (Fri/Sat)
7. Scott (TBC)
8. Andy (TBC)
9. tartanferret (TBC)
10. Dave (TBC)
12. Frazer (TBC)

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
1. ADz-1983 (Fri/Sat)
2. Digitracker
3. Flyfisher
4. copperhead TBC
5. Black Sheep + 1 (Fri + possibly Sat)
6. Ashfire (Fri/Sat)
7. Scott (TBC)
8. Andy (TBC)
9. tartanferret (TBC)
10. Dave (TBC)
12. Frazer (TBC)

Just to confirm I'll be there Friday night with one of my flock in tow and possibly Saturday night also.....

Rich

Ashfire

May 7, 2014
Holmfirth
What are peoples plans for Sat day? does anyone do any walking or do you tend to just hang around camp and do stuff? Being more of a camper than a crafter not sure what il do with myself! ha ha

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE