juice matters!

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Hi all,
When I go out I like to take some juice (squash) with me to flavour my water, especially if I am using purification tablets !! But I can only usually offord to take one cups worth of concentration otherwise it's just pointless weight! Does anyone know of a really high concentration juice that I could take, or maybe powders that would work???
thanks
wilderbeast will

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oh yes - the stuff you get in rat packs!
Powder that will colour and flavour any liquid - you do not need to use it all in one go.
One packet does about a gallon (if you respect your taste buds and sanity) though you can build up a resistance to it and need 1 packet per pint....

sparkplug

Forager
Jan 24, 2008
East Anglia
I've used pure lemon oil which I got in a supermarket (sorry can't remember which one). Because it's so concentrated you only need a drop or two.

I don't know if the 'aromatherapy' ones are safe for human consumption but there are some that are marketed for food use such as this one from Amazon. They also list a lime oil and an orange oil which sound interesting.

Hope that helps!

xylaria

We use lidls powdered fruit tea. It wieghs vertually nothing and cost about £1. A whole jar makes up 4 litres of drink. It comes in the flavors wildfruit, lemon or peach. It contains citric acid so hides the taste you can get from some sterilisation tablets. It is sold with the coffees. The brand name is sir edward tea.

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Another vote for lidls powdered fruit tea. - as xylaria says it is very light and is easy to mix to 'taste'

I find 3 teaspoons per mug are fine but then I'm not a great lover of strong squash.... therefore a jar lasts me AGES!!! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE