John Ridgway TV series or Documentary?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'm trying to find a TV series or documentary that featured a group of yuppie types playing at survival up in Scotland based around John Ridgway's adventure school up at Ardmore. I believe from the 80's?

Can anyone recall this series/documentary?

It wasn't "castaway 2000" or whatever that was called by the way;)

The only two bits I recall, are the arrival of the coach with Ridgway reciting Vitae Lampada by Sir Henry John Newbolt and one of the obviously carefully chosen "candidates" moaning an awful lot.

The sand of the desert is sodden red,—
Red with the wreck of a sqare that broke;—
The Gatling's jammed and the Colonel dead,
And the regiment blind with dust and smoke.The river of death has brimmed his banks,
And England's far, and Honour a name,But the voice of a schoolboy rallies the ranks:"Play up! play up! and play the game!"
Anybody?

Cheers

Steve

Mrcatatoes

Sep 11, 2022
Aberdeenshire
I wasn’t one of the yuppies either but I was one of the two coach drivers who drove them there - and returned to collect them a week later. I used to have a copy of that episode of the cutting edge programme on VHS but don’t have it anymore. I would be interested in a copy if you ever managed to find it.

thanks in anticipation.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE