John Fenna - Facebook

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hi to all my friends :)
I am not ignoring you or any "Friend Requests" - it is just that I do not "do" facebook ... I am only on there because my work demands it as all comms are by "messenger". I only have 2 friends on there because I needed to pinch some of their photos and I am about to "unfriend" them just to clean things up. :)
I do not have time or skills to play with computers but I still value my friends and look forward to seeing them - just not electronically other than on this site :)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't do Facebook either. I don't live with my phone permanently attached to my hand either though.......whole other conversation :)

Reactions: Jay131

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You have my sympathy. I know it's an absolutely brilliant invention, with all it's concommitant technology, that it's widespread use is very much part of our modern world, but when two folks meet up and neither actually looks at the other but at the other on the screen.......there's a shift needed somehow.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Yeah, it was like that when I went fo my Booster yesterday; had to wait 15 mins and everyone, particularly old folk, were glue to their phones instead of trying to make conversation

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
I like my phone for it's navigation apps (which I thoroughly enjoy, including a virtual sextant) along with my ever expanding onenote library which is amazing for documenting plant ID research.
I utterly hate my phone for having access to the news which I am incapable of not looking at.

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
Anti-social media sites, don't see the point in any off them
I've never got on well with them either. I'm on several Facebook bushcraft groups (have not posted on any of them) but the quality of posts/information/coversation is poor compared to this forum. I don't know why more people don't come on here. You can disagree with someone on this forum and.... nothing happens. Try that on Facebook.

Reactions: Toddy and Kadushu

Scottieoutdoors

Settler
Oct 22, 2020
Devon
Anti-social media sites, don't see the point in any off them
This site itself is "social media"... as is YouTube, which I frequent for entertainment and information...

I can see the use in arsebook when contacting friends and family.abroad, but I don't have it as I'll use WhatsApp messaging service for that. ....not that I have arsebook anyway..

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
I´m member on several facebook-group that are very usefull and educating. A couple of them show historical photos of citys, one of them my hometown. One goup is where you can buy produce direct from the producer, they come to my town once a month and sell from their cars.

Coach

Banned
Oct 3, 2017
Uk
I've never got on well with them either. I'm on several Facebook bushcraft groups (have not posted on any of them) but the quality of posts/information/coversation is poor compared to this forum. I don't know why more people don't come on here. You can disagree with someone on this forum and.... nothing happens. Try that on Facebook.
Sorry to disagree but I've tried that on here and received all kinds of aggressive responses and name calling, no different from facebook. Came very close to quitting the forum at one stage, some posters on here seem to think they are the only person entitled to an opinion and anyone who disagrees is an "idiot".
I left Facebook because of their intrusion into my files which I dont think is any of their business.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Sorry to disagree but I've tried that on here and received all kinds of aggressive responses and name calling, no different from facebook. Came very close to quitting the forum at one stage, some posters on here seem to think they are the only person entitled to an opinion and anyone who disagrees is an "idiot".
I left Facebook because of their intrusion into my files which I dont think is any of their business.
If you are subjected to abuse on here simply click the report post. The moderator team cannot read every post but we do not tolerate bullying or abuse.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Well I heard that the younger generation is into social media and the grey generation too. Apparently grandparents find social media is the only way to have contact with grandkids so they get heavily into it too. That leaves the parents of the kids without the need for social media who never really got on with it. They're the ones apparently being left behind.

I am quite happily being left behind after a few years of using it to keep social with people now I don't have to! Text or call if you want to contact me, even email. Of course I have a few forums I go to for advice or interests. No fb or twitter though.

If JF doesn't want fb then IMHO he shouldn't be made to use it. I always learnt that with work you use the communication method you both find works. Not the method that only suits one side. It's simply not good cooperation IMHO.

Reactions: Scottieoutdoors

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ain't got kids or Grand kids, only relatives are my 1/2 brother (who I may phone every few months ... or not... we friends but not in each others pockets) a Scottish niece that I am on Xmas card communication level and a niece and nephew in Oz with whom I have not communicated since my sister died a few years back ...
My friends know my phone number and email or that I can be reached on this site ... what else do I need?
I do not need the hassle of Farce book - that is for sure!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE