Jetboil Wood Burner

Oliver G

Sep 15, 2012
Ravenstone, Leicestershire
Evening,

I was checking my webbing and got thinking about my Jetboil. It's a good bit of kit for a quick brew after stag but being gas only it's a pain, (Can't fly with compressed fuel e.g. Germany). Has anyone seen a base you can slot on for wood burning a la TiTri stove? If not, would anyone use a pattern for one made of sheet steel?

Cheers

Ollie

Crazivan

Aug 17, 2010
Oxfordshire
I think you'd kill the light welding holding the heat exchanger on if you tried burning wood under it.

I'm not so sure, I would imagine the water in the pot would help to keep it from overheating. After all, you can boil water in a paper bag...

If the pot was empty, then that would be a different issue.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Jetboils are a bit quirky though, there's plenty of pics on the web of melted and deformed remains after folk have tried cooking in them.

It might work, but I won't be testing the theory with mine

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I think a meths burner would be ok though!!
Another option may be to get another cup, maybe contact etboil and see if they have gotany the cant sell for whatever reason and do some experimenting??
Cheers
Steve

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
If it's the Titanium cup then i wouldn't bother, i mine melted it's diffuser on it's lowest gas setting while cooking beans.

The aluminum cup seem to be a LOT more sturdy, but still for the sake of a few quid for a thicker aluminum cup personally i wouldn't risk it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE