Jetboil Flash and Crunchit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
Neat tool but misleading name. I assumed it would also squash the cans flat with a name like that. " Punch it" or " Vent it" would have been more accurate.

There is also the issue of whether your local recycling guys know that you're allowed to recycle the punched cans. They may just take to ignoring your box.

Last edited:

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Neat tool but misleading name. I assumed it would also squash the cans flat with a name like that. " Punch it" or " Vent it" would have been more accurate.

There is also the issue of whether your local recycling guys know that you're allowed to recycle the punched cans. They may just take to ignoring your box.

I understand what you mean about the name, I assumed the same as you did. But, it does do a very good job.

Jackdaw

I have had the old PCS Jetboil for about 4 years now. It is the same size but without the fancy heat indicator and redesigned features. These are fantastic as a "carry anywhere and brew up in a couple of minutes" stove system. Only downside is the price, although I got mine from Fleabay for less than 40 notes.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Dam, I've used the tip of a knife and my size 11 to solve the gas can problem for several decades lol Must get a crunchit.

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
You need to join Classic camp stove forum and look in the frankies and hybrids section, the basic kit can be put together for less than £20 then you fill the coleman type can up with cheep butane that you can get from B&M. Or if your lucky you can pick the butane cans up from asda for £1.75 for four.

Si

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE