Jerven bag? Which one and any accessories?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Omega

Tenderfoot
Jul 11, 2004
UK
I am thinking to buy myself Jerven bag - leave it in the car boot in case the car breaks down, use as ground sheet on a beach or for a picnic, use it in cold evenings while camping, hunting or fishing (I was recently in Ilfracombe, there were lots of tourist walking around in robes like Jerven when it was cold), maybe for sleeping in the car, maybe using as a bivvy bag while camping and a worn shelter to change wet clothing on the beach. And, of course, for an emergency - I hope we will have gas during the winter, but if we don't, then, like people in Siberia, I could make a small shelter inside the house and stay warm there
I wonder what Jerven bag I should buy? And should I get myself accessories, I am especially wondering about tent end pieces? eBay has quite often Jerven Extreme bags , but I was thinking about King Size because of the size, or Original because of the price, plus they can take tent end pieces. However, at the same time, I think a tent might be useful only if I intend to build a shelter at home in case there is no heating at home - it is useful for military, but I am not in military, though things nowadays can easily change
Like the original for the price, but, if you use something often (I do not know how often I will use it), then going even double the price might be better value for money because of comfort as original seem to have problems with evaporation, while more expensive models don't. Then I do not know about the loft - as I understand, the main ones are 60 and 170, but there is also an option for 200 (think it might be some special order)
Also wonder how I could use it in my daily life at home - I like living on the floor in my room, I know I can use it as a blanket, but is it comfortable, or I had better get something like Snugpak?
Thank you

bearbait

I have had the Jerven Bag Exclusive along with 2 different weight liners for a decade or more now.

I've never slept in it as a bag (yet) but used it on many occasions as a groundsheet, as a cagoule, as a windproof and / or waterproof shelter, as a tarp, etc. It has also been used on two occasions to shelter a casualty (not me) until the emergency services turned up.

Mine lives in the car fulltime along with the heavier weight liner, amongst other goodies. It migrates to the rucksack according to plans for the day.

Both liners are also used variously. I have slept in them.

Reactions: Omega

Omega

Tenderfoot
Jul 11, 2004
UK
Just got myself Jerven Extreme Bag. Well, it is very thick. It is a proper blanket and comparable in size to a sleeping bag.
Well, I probably should get myself another one that I can convert into a tent and keep this one too

Reactions: Megatramp

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
Just got myself Jerven Extreme Bag. Well, it is very thick. It is a proper blanket and comparable in size to a sleeping bag.
Well, I probably should get myself another one that I can convert into a tent and keep this one too
Did you get the 60 or the 170 then?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Omega

Tenderfoot
Jul 11, 2004
UK
Did you get the 60 or the 170 then?

This is confusing, but Extreme only comes in 170g. Mini, Thermo, Hunter and King Size come only in 60g. Exclusive come in both 60g and 170g. There is one bag that come 200g, but I saw it only once on internet
170g is a massive overkill for the UK imo

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Hexham, Northumberland
This is confusing, but Extreme only comes in 170g. Mini, Thermo, Hunter and King Size come only in 60g. Exclusive come in both 60g and 170g. There is one bag that come 200g, but I saw it only once on internet
170g is a massive overkill for the UK imo
Thanks for that, might take a look at a 60 if funds allow sometime

Reactions: Omega

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE