Jerry Cans

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
not sure how cheap they are but you could try towsure, they've got loads of caravanning, camping, marine etc stuff. there is one on the south coast i seem to recall
sc

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
Army jerry cans are generally used for fuel.I think they do dark blue plastic ones for water.As steve said,your probably be better off going to a caravan suppliers. There is one on top of Portsdown Hill(horndean?) or a Towsure in Southampton. Caravaners water tanks usually look pretty naff tho'. :D

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Why not try here if its not to far to travel the last one i bought a few years ago from here was brand new and a fiver.
"The Solent Area Overlord MV Show will be held at our site in Five Heads Road, Horndean, Hampshire, as usual on the May bank holiday weekend which is May 28 - 30 for 2005.

We wont bore you with the usual hype about the show but as the regular attendees know we have a load of stalls, military vehicles, a large arena with daily events, a tank playing area, beer tent with evening entertainment, showers, on-site catering plus a fairly laid-back attitude and 3 days of fun for everyone especially if the weather plays ball!!"

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Thats sounds a good weekend sadly it clashes with the BCUK meet up. Horndean is just up the road too :(

I'm sure you will have a great weekend, post some pics. I'm sure there are plenty of people on here that have an interest in landy's etc

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
The blue water jerry cans you speak of are used by the forces to contain engine coolant and alchohol for windscreen washers. The black plastic variety with 'water' on the side are proper water jerrycans, and are very good bits of kit, it has two different size lids which allows us to fill a water bottle without the water surging and going everywhere.

The blue cans will do the job, but make sure they are fully cleaned out. The downside is that there is only one lid, and that the lid is recessed, meaning it may be difficult to open with cold or wet hands. Also, they won't fit nicely into the jerrycan side bins of an ex-military landrover, which are designed to hold two water on one side and two fuel on the other side.

Mike T

Oct 29, 2004
Sussex
Wayne said:
Its the black plastic variety i am looking for. I will try the caravan place.

Hi Wayne
if it's the sort that we used last Summer at Woodcraft School, I think I saw what you are after just the other day, on the following website: www.armyrations.co.uk

I think they cost about £24 :eek:. They had 2 in stock. I Hope your course is going well :)

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
lou1661 said:
Why not try here if its not to far to travel the last one i bought a few years ago from here was brand new and a fiver.
"The Solent Area Overlord MV Show will be held at our site in Five Heads Road, Horndean, Hampshire, as usual on the May bank holiday weekend which is May 28 - 30 for 2005.

We wont bore you with the usual hype about the show but as the regular attendees know we have a load of stalls, military vehicles, a large arena with daily events, a tank playing area, beer tent with evening entertainment, showers, on-site catering plus a fairly laid-back attitude and 3 days of fun for everyone especially if the weather plays ball!!"

Did anyone make it?...............I kept my eye out for Swanndris and BCUK badges but didn't see any :eek:

j.roberts7

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2005
they have lots of what you need the jerry cans for water are black plastic and are 20 ltr and very very strong will last you years made for the british army
anchorsupplies is the place to get them or outdoor .com or johncraddockltd well hope thats helped you

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
hi i have one of the black army water jerry can it was bought as used from a shop in colchester called Jacks for £3.60 and the condition is very good a great bit of kit

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE