Jerky

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wolfmanuk

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2012
Leeds
Hey,

I'm a massive fan of Beef Jerky and I've bought it all from around the world. However I nipped into Mark and Spencer for a buttie tuther day and found that they are doing there own and its pretty dam good. On a par with some homemade stuff I got from an American friend!

It's a little bit more pricey than the normal stuff you get from Asda/Morrisons but you get a lot in the bag and like I said earlier its very tasty!!

Go get some!

Mark

:You_Rock_

FCDisaster

Apr 11, 2012
Chepstow, Monmouthshire
I had been thinking of making my own, more along the lines of SA biltong. But I am a bit worried about all the nasties that might poke their evil little heads out if I don't cook it right (seen warnings about botulism on other threads). Has anyone got a simple (i.e. not having to build a box with a fan and light bulb) guide to making bilton/jerky safely?

barking badger

Forager
Aug 2, 2011
derbyshire
i do mine in the oven on its very lowest setting and leave the door open 10mm or so depending on how thick you cut it depends on how long you need to leave it in. i have never had a problem with it

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE