jerky ready to go

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
... Ash - you are welcome to a bag if you want? Mine errs on the spicy though :)

Red
It wasn't to spicy for me though (I feared it would be!) but no, im enjoying it nicely, chewing on a bit as I write this, Red's Jerky is lovely! Well done. ;)

Reds Jerky - :D - Superb! Loved it.
Ostrich Biltong - :) - Ok, Enjoyed it.
Kudu Biltong - :eek: - Surprised by the taste, I tried three small bits, one part was particularly more flavoursome, I thought it tasted a bit like it had perfume on. Not too keen on the taste to be honest, but very glad I've had the opportunity to try it.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
:)

Biltong is hard flipping work - I must admit I prefer venison jerky to kudu biltong - I cant convince BB of the fact though!

Red

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
the only jerky I have every tried, is the stuff you get from some camping shops, tasted like marmite flavoured carpet underlay. Not something I'd buy for £2.99 for a 100 grammes

James_m246

Forager
Oct 12, 2006
Suffolk, UK.
the only jerky I have every tried, is the stuff you get from some camping shops, tasted like marmite flavoured carpet underlay. Not something I'd buy for £2.99 for a 100 grammes

You should definitely try homemade jerky, its cheaper and much tastier!
I compared some that I made (for the first time) and some shop bought stuff a few days ago and it really is so much nicer (the homemade that is).

mariobab

Tenderfoot
Oct 30, 2006
croatia
How the beef jerky is supposed to be eaten,and taste?The first one that I've made tasted like hot and salty wood shavings,hard to chew.Something went wrong,I guess.
Traditionally we smoke dry pork,so I decided to try something new.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Mine is sort of crunchy then turns chewy as you chew it. It tastes of beef and whatever you mainade it with (chilli, soy, garlic etc. in my case). It will go salty if aren't careful with the marinade

Red

I made a stew with the jerky , just potato onion and jerky with water and an oxo and it was very tasty, was really beefy more so than if it had been made with fresh meat, Greg bobbed round today and polished off the last of my flavoured Jerky and I gave him a chunk of home cured bacon ( I forgot to pack it for the trip )

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk
I made a stew with the jerky , just potato onion and jerky with water and an oxo and it was very tasty, was really beefy more so than if it had been made with fresh meat, Greg bobbed round today and polished off the last of my flavoured Jerky and I gave him a chunk of home cured bacon ( I forgot to pack it for the trip )

It was a stew like no other, really tasty and the texture was exellent

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
I made some yesterday and finished it this morning. :D
To be fair there wasn't much there, I was just trying it out and also bought some pre-made jerky a couple of days ago.
I home made stuff was less than half the price and about 100x nicer!

I think i'll take a trip down the butchers tomorrow and get some more meat, I think he gets some venison now and again which I hear makes good jerky. Has anyone ever used rabit or lamb?

I think I may have jerky-mania at the moment!!!

While I haven't tried rabbit jerky, I think it will be the next type I make, as rabbit is very lean.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE