[January 24-26th] Stead Hall Wood (Between Otley and Ikley)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Have a foul cold so will not be there Fri night, may come over for the day Saturday in which case I will bring the wire etc, otherwise if still feeling rough will have to postpone fence repairs till March. Gutted as I was really looking forward to it, but feel like death right now.
nick

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
meant to say "or indeed from and to the station for that matter" but it cut me off

Think Dave is coming from York bud, but not sure what time he's setting of or if he needs lift.

Gonna be a cold one, and it's forecast snow on Sunday lol

Wrap up warm:0)

Indeed, bringing thermal layers and down coat as extra just in case. Should be fine though with a nice fire to sit round :D

Have a foul cold so will not be there Fri night, may come over for the day Saturday in which case I will bring the wire etc, otherwise if still feeling rough will have to postpone fence repairs till March. Gutted as I was really looking forward to it, but feel like death right now.
nick

That's a shame bud, hope you feel better tomorrow/Saturday.

We do have some wire there from old pen and some rolled up what was there before pen came down so if somebody can bring a hammer/nails or staple gun up we should be able to get some of fence done.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 4

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
a3e4uryp.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note II using Tapatalk 4

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
We are still in need of toilet facilities. So if anyone has any old interwoven fencing or indeed a piece of canvas or sacking that could be wrapped round 4 fence posts to give us a modicum of privacy. It would be most welcome.
Somebody must have something !!

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Come on people, talk to me. Does anyone know where there are any willow trees growing, that need trimming. The idea is now to but a frame work up up the fencing poles and the use something to give us some privacy . (until the willow grows up) I have been told that we would not have to keep moving the structure as the use we would give it, would allow it to do it's job, decomposting. I can usually get hold of some sawdust to use after you have been.
So we want some willow "wands" and some covering material. I have some thin plywood that will cover part of it.

wanderinstar

On a new journey
Jun 14, 2005
Yorkshire/Lancs Border
Right, we have most of what we need. Fence posts x 6, plywood, sacking, ground sheet for roof, toilet seat donated by Rich, All we need now is some scraps of wood about 4ft long. 2x2,2x3, old floorboarding. C'mon lads, root through them there skips down your road.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
We used it on one of the lakes I fished. A decent bucket with lid and a food scoop from the £shop.
Think it was hydrated lime we used.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Well, that gives us something to do in March !
will bring sledgehammer for putting in posts, hammer and some nails. Any other tools or stuff needed ?

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
We used it on one of the lakes I fished. A decent bucket with lid and a food scoop from the £shop.
Think it was hydrated lime we used.

Thnx bud, will look it up.

Well, that gives us something to do in March !
will bring sledgehammer for putting in posts, hammer and some nails. Any other tools or stuff needed ?

We could probably do with processing some more wood if you could bring your chainsaw again please bud?

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Any idea when the march meet will be chaps? After a great conversation with Adz I'm gonna pop my stead hall cherry lol!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE