Jagerkok

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Had a couple of these last week ,
Swedish ranger cooksets ( Jagerkok ) made by Svea for the Swedish forces to use in the far north instead of the normal cook set we all know so well .
The burners are the large military type one burners dated 1964 one 1971 both look like thay have done a lot of soldiering ,

2009_0922wolf0011.jpg

2009_0922wolf0002.jpg

2009_0922wolf0013.jpg

2009_0922wolf0014.jpg

One of these will be going to Norway on holiday in the summer
Twodogs

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
How do you get the bowl out of the middle Cliff ? I looks like it drops down inside but can you get it out again when it's full.

Looks like a nice bit of kit, not seen one before

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
We actually managed to get them to issue us these (we even managed to fast talk them into giving us sleeping bags after a while!). Much nicer than the old style set (except for open fire cooking, which we basically never did). I think I prefer the Trangia 25 over the jägarkök.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
The one thing with these that is better than the civvy trangia is the strapholders on the lid and that the strap is leather. Means that the strap works as a great lidlifter, much more practical than the gripper turned upside down.

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Isn't that about the price for a new real civilian trangia? Which is lighter, and has a more effective burner. And will accommodate a kettle.

That aluminium water bottle is worthless, it will always, I repeat always, taste of moth repellent and aluminium. I recommend you get the plastic one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE