jacket pattern

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi all,after reading about the DIY ventile bivi bag and looking at the links for the pattern i spied this pattern,this is exactly what i,ve been looking for. So my question is this, does anyone know where i could get this pattern here in the U.K rather than shipping from the States.

your help much appreciated.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
The pattern did look very good, but I think shipping may be your only choice,I know most of the producers/sources in the UK and none have anything like it.
Neil

running bare

Banned
Sep 28, 2005
jarrow,tyne & wear uk
hello mate, have you thought of taping sheets of newspaper together and getting your partner or a friend to fit it to you and adjust or modify the design to fit or suit your requirements? dont forget to add a 1/2" to each side for your hems. hope this is of some help. several years ago I made a western duster coat when i was into country & western ( sad I know ) but finance wouldnt allow off the shelf products and it turned out ok. in fact i ended up making several for the members of the club using the same method. end of the day its a lot cheaper.

tom

running bare

Banned
Sep 28, 2005
jarrow,tyne & wear uk
just had a flash back!! when i was in the military we used to have N.B.C suits back in the 70's / 80's and the smocks where very similar to the pattern if you know of anyone who has an old one that you can get your hands on you could unpick the stitching and use the panels as templates. it could be a bit messy as the cloth was impregnated with charcoal. hope this is of some help.

tom

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Quest outfitters http://www.questoutfitters.com/patterns-jackets.htm in the US do that one ($6 plus shipping) and a a good few like it. Last time I ordered from them I got a similar one to that (the coast range, currently nearly finished in ventile) and a couple of others (kids equiv of the rainshed and an adult insulated wind proof top) inc shipping for only about £1 more in total than buying just the coast range pattern would have cost from the one place I found it in the UK.
Delivered in about a week and really friendly, helpful folks to deal with.
Cheers
David

stoddy

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2005
dorset
give this place a call

Hansons fabrics

01258 472698

Sturminster newton
dorset

If they have it, I could go in and buy it for you at the weekend.

I can't go in there myself, as I get funny looks of the ladies behind the counter :)
(I have bought a sewing machine, material etc...) I have got my male yorkshire pride!

they have all sorts even swedish army camouflage material (god knows why :) )
I have bought a smock pattern, and when I get 5 minutes, I will complete it

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Cheers for the offer Stoddy much appreciated,i am going to wait until i get the pattern delivered to see how much material i will need before i commit myself to anything i,e materials etc, though i will probably opt for ventile in the end. Again many thanks for the thought. :beerchug:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE