J Adams Bowie/Hunter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Price: Only £40 airmailed worldwide.

I purchased this knife only recently. It was an excellent knife, but poorly finished and with a serviceable, but lacklustre sheath. I have extensively reworked and refinished the knife, making my own sheath and now offer it for sale.

jabjr34c8e.jpg

jabd34c5n4.jpg

Summary of Work Carried Out
  1. Handle reprofiled to thin down excessively fat shaft.
  2. Guard repolished, reshaping spacers, removing scratches in the brass and excess epoxy from the join.
  3. Pommel reground to bring out shape of the brass locking nut, restore the crisp lines of the bevel, remove scratches and put on a mirror polish.
  4. Choil reground from square with excess metal to 45° slant. Much more comfortable finger choil, now.
  5. Reground blade tip, repolished blade and added a slightly convex final bevel.
  6. Made a new sheath from heavy vegetable tanned leather (stack is 1 cm thick). Double hand-stitched.

Billed by the maker as a small Bowie, it's small enough to be a very manageable hunter. The upper swedge is unsharpened. The blade is 5 1/4" from tip-to-guard. OAL is 9 1/2". It is offered with both the new and original sheaths.

Further information, and many high-resolution images are available at:

http://zdp-189.com/jadamsbowie

Or PM me with questions.

:biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE