I've just made this - Axe Holder (Wildlife hatchet) / Torch holder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tedmagnum

Tenderfoot
Nov 19, 2006
Wirral
What do you think guys ???? It's really sturdy and it works REALLY well.

I was inspired to make it after living out in the Yukon wilds for a few months. My hatchet was used constantly and I was always bloody losing it or looking for it.

It's made from the best quality 3mm Veg tan with double capped Rivets. All 2" wide with a nice articulated joint.

Also fits my big maglite really well too...

It's my first attempt. I'm looking to improve it where possible.. All constructive criticism welcome :)

DSC04853_28Large29.JPG

DSC04854_28Large29.JPG

DSC04855_28Large29.JPG

DSC04856_28Large29.JPG

tedmagnum

Tenderfoot
Nov 19, 2006
Wirral
The hoop that holds the axe is fairy snug and I made it 2" wide to give it more support.. I made the hoop JUST big enough to get the wide end of the axe handle into as well.

I've been wearing it half the day to test it and it hasn't even slipped down the hoop, let alone fallen out.

Good point though....

If you think about it. The weight of the axe head pulls it nicely into the hoop too.. It's very secure.

noticing there is nothing to hold the item in? no strap over the top sorta thing, what if you're moving around a lot, won't it fall out?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The hoop that holds the axe is fairy snug and I made it 2" wide to give it more support.. I made the hoop JUST big enough to get the wide end of the axe handle into as well.

I've been wearing it half the day to test it and it hasn't even slipped down the hoop, let alone fallen out.

Good point though....

If you think about it. The weight of the axe head pulls it nicely into the hoop too.. It's very secure.
I have a similar though simpler type holster.
I thought about adding a tie in thong after seeing a very expensive US one that used paracord for the job.
Tried it with thonging.
DSCF6375.jpg

DSCF6376.jpg

Waste of time and very annoying.
The weight of the axe holds it in place for everything bar acrobatics on a trapeze!
I removed the thonging and went back to using the holster open topped!
Ain't never popped the axe out yet!:)
When I have the rings I often make and sell simple axe holders that are also very effective....
Axerings.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE