I've been robbed :(

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
Sorry to hear about your stuff being stolen. Very annoying that the police don't want to get involved. As others have said, the scumbag might be local so a card in shop windows might help. Perhaps not just listing the gear stolen, but with a description of the guy and his bike (if you got a good look) with a plea to people's common decency to call the local police. It's a long shot but it might work, especially if he's been a scumbag to his neighbours too, and they recognise the description ..... I've got a head-torch you can have (pm me) ..... all the best.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I wouldn't think, from the description you provided, that this numbskull was a tourist on holiday. Sounds like he's local to a three mile radius. Criminals are stupid. You'll see him again. Its very likely, as stated already, that most of your items were quickly discarded nearby after evading you.

You may not recover anything. At any rate, there is a way to feel good about this. Here, we play baseball. Baseball bats are of multiple use (very bushcrafty, no?), just like your cricket bats. Carry one of those cricket bats in your car for when you see this turd again. Make him wish he'd stolen shinguards and kneepads instead of your stuff. That's the cowboy way.

If he was on a bike he probably was a local. Keep your eyes peeled he may come past again. How about baiting a trap with something tempting eg an box that once held an electronic goody replaced with junk, while you keep watch. A photo is all you need: he'll probabaly be known to the police. You'll get double satisfaction: nabbing the scrote and showing the police you had a case.

Revenge might give you a good feeling but it will likely also give you a criminal record of your own. I'd go with the second suggestion instead.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Thank you all for you response guys, iv called the police again to kicked up a stink about being a victim of a crime and that I fear that iv been targeted. Now they are taking it seriously, I gave a statement but they think the pack is gone now :( the insurance won't cover the loss as the boot was open and it wasn't a break in. Thank you everyone for the great advice and the people who have offered me replacement items, it's extremely kind of you and reassuring to know that there is still decent people in this world, but I can't accept guys it's not fair on you to give items away because someone else commits a crime, it shows how great this forum is :)

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Offer stands if you want it Sammi, but i know where you are coming from through bitter experience.

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
..... I've got a head-torch you can have (pm me) ..... all the best.

..... I can't accept guys it's not fair on you to give items away because someone else commits a crime, it shows how great this forum is :)

Yes you're right mate, this is a great forum. That swine on the bike was a toe-rag and helping each other out is a good way of showing that ordinary decent people out-number the toe-rags. Offer stands if you want it. Good to hear the cops are (at last) taking it seriously ...

Last edited:

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
Local car boots and secondhand shops worth looking in,see if your stuff shows up,cash converter or pawn shops nearby.or even local pubs ask if anyone's selling your stuff.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Make a list of the missing items. Judging from the replies above several of us may have surplus kit that may be of use to you. I had my response bag stolen from my car so I know what it is like to have to replace items collected over time.

As to your point about being reluctant to get things from forum members: I have a very useful monkey boy stove made to your instructions. "You scratch my back............!" You get what you give in this world.

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
Sorry to hear about your theft.

Seeing as you are not willing to take any gifts, I have a couple of paracord items for you to write a review. Please PM me your address. I expect you to keep them for long term evaluation.

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
Many of us have been on the receiving end of generosity in the past. I pass it on when I can because that's the only real way of saying thank you. Please let us know what you have lost, if I have something useful you're welcome to it.

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
I just want t say thank you very much to everyone for the kind offers, the generosity is a gift on its own. It doesn't feel right to accept it all without giving something back.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I just want t say thank you very much to everyone for the kind offers, the generosity is a gift on its own. It doesn't feel right to accept it all without giving something back.

That's part of the point. You don't pay it "back." You pay it "forward" when you next see someone else in a bad situation and you can help.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well said :D and I agree with Cranmere too :approve:

It was a rotten thing to happen to you Monkey Boy, let us help change that into something a bit better and less frustratingly angry. Besides, it's fun to see what the postie brings :)

M

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
If you have a list of things stolen I will see what I can find.
Got loads of spare/surplus kit and happy to help out if I can.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Put up a list of what went missing - I too have a lot of kit that doesn't get used, and as has been said you can pay it forward sometime in the future :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have been the recipient of so much from this site and it's members tat I have a huge Karmic debt to pay off. I would welcome the chance to even the score up a little....

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Wow the response is so overwhelming, Ok if everyone insists I will post a list of the items that got stolen, but with one conditions... I will make something to give back to those who have been so thoughtful and kind as my way of saying thank you, I hope that's ok guy, so here is the list of all the items that was in the pack.

Response pack
map and compass
Mora black
SAK explorer
Orange survival bag
Flint and steel kit
Survival tin
Head lamp
Spork
Rite in the rain pad
1st aid kit

There the things I can remember.
Now I'm happy to receive nothing in the post as I stand by what I said before, I don't think it's fair for others to help me out because someone else decided to commit a crime.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE