It's incredibly warm for November

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
Indeed so mild...
Bats are still Active, saw mating dragonflies....
Very strange.
Overhere in the Netherlands warmest days of november ever recorded.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Funny this should be mentioned as the other day my wife commented that she remembered it being colder in November the last time she was here (15 years ago). We haven't had the heating on much at all except for an hour or two in the morning just to warm the bathroom for a shower and we've still got the summer blankies on the bed. So when does winter hit the south west?

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Still on a positive note the last I heard they're still forecasting a load of snow this year :)

@ Adze - I'm a little suspicious of that image, why is Ireland still green? :)
Because people on the west coast of ireland are so Iyrish they turn the snow green?

On the other point, papers like the Mail had headlines like Deepfreeze on the way, 6 weeks of snow. It just goes to show you the worth of papers and headlines like that and how they help out. The cost of the ink and the energy required to publish it, only illustrates the huge waist of recources. I begin to suspect there headlines about magic beans won't bear fruit either.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Quarter to ten at night, near the mid of November, and I'm sitting here in short sleeves, with no heating on in the house at all, and the temperature is 19.9degC . I am roasted. It's nearly 12degC outside, and it was 16......

Seriously? It's already been colder than that here! However it still hasn't been enough to use the heat, and I don't expect that for weeks at least.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I've been wondering about that recently - I've gone a bit mad with budgeting, as we've moved house and now have gas central heating with a pre-payment meter. My entire adult life I've had solid fuel heating, so it's a bit of a shock with the gas, especially a prepayment as we move in over last winter and was horrified at the expense, as I've got to pay for what I'm using before/as I'm using it.

Since last year I've had new window put in as the old ones really weren't air tight, and my heating bill has reduced significantly since last year [I've put everything I buy/spend onto a spread sheet for the last year and a half so can see exactly what I'm spending on stuff] and I'm thinking it can't just be the windows. So now I've added an extra column next to my running gas costs to show the temperature outside [met] and the temperature at the boiler [thermometer] and a temperature at the living room [thermometer] to give me some indication of how hard the boilers working, so by next year I can compare it back to this year.

Still on a positive note the last I heard they're still forecasting a load of snow this year :)

@ Adze - I'm a little suspicious of that image, why is Ireland still green? :)

We got stung in 2008-2009... we'd just moved in and I noted the boiler was probably about 25 years old... looked around the house, couldn't find a thermostat. Anyway, didn't really think about it that much because as winter set in, we put the heating on, carried on as normal. First quarterly bill we received was over £1200!

That following summer had the wood burner installed and the following winter just used that for heating... gradually we've had wall insulation, roof insulation and a new boiler fitted... now its too warm!

Still... it does feel weird wandering around in a tshirt at this time of year!

hughlle1

Nomad
Nov 4, 2015
London
It's beginning to annoy me quite a bit. I didn't go out and buy myself a lovely new overcoat for it to sit in the wardrobe unworn!

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
winter-clothes-in-florida.jpg

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
It's lovely down this way too: 16ºC outside according to the forecast (usually pretty accurate) and 20.5ºC inside my room ... I'm in trousers and an almost wooly jumper and feel chilly! :D We've got the woodstove on too in the kitchen! Of course, I'm used to warm weather, not cold now ... by the end of the winter this'll be T-shirt weather!

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I've just had a look at the met weather archives for the weather station in Nairn [the closest to me] and apparently it's colder on average than last year - who'd've thought it?

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I've just checked records for York (Weatheronline records, only go back to 2000 for York). 2000-1013, ave max temp 10C. For 2015, so far, ave max 13.3C

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE