It's incredibly warm for November

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Quarter to ten at night, near the mid of November, and I'm sitting here in short sleeves, with no heating on in the house at all, and the temperature is 19.9degC . I am roasted. It's nearly 12degC outside, and it was 16.
It's sodden wet, overcast and it's been windy, but it's very warm. I have roses and fuchsias and Scotch marigolds all putting out new flower heads.

World's gone nuts :rolleyes:

M

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Drives me potty. not had a cold winter on my part of Exmoor for 3 years!!
Went to my village pub on Xmas day in my tshirt last year!
I have Filson Mackinaw wool to wear!!!!

C.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
It's unreal. since May i dont believe i've had the heating on for more than 5 hours in total. I walked to the shops last night around 7 it was warmer outside than inside my house and it was blowing a gale and raining heavy.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
It's the same here in all respects; it can't be often that we, in all our various corners of the island, get the same weather, eh?

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Well it better snaw here soon. I've got a Sawnndri Bushshirt, Leather fur lined mittens and a pair of leather knee high Tuffa boots that i payed a bloody fortune for and intend to get some use out of........sometime before i die or shrink.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Sod the cold weather and snow, stick it where the sun don't shine IMHO, I won't be on Gran Canaria soaking up the rays for about ten weeks.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
World hasn't been the same since they started messin' with those Atom Bomb thingies...
old-300.gif
lol-030.gif

I spent 5 nights in the wood over Samhain and except for the last day when there was light rain it was 'T' shirt weather between 10.00 and 16.00...Each day.

quapZDWl.jpg

ICcEVmO.jpg

6 weeks to Yule....
sun-097.gif

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Unusually tasty here too, shame the wind isn't in on the joke though, we've had 40-70mph winds all week it is just calming down tonight and i am waiting for it to drop below 10mph to get out doing a bit of overdue cycling

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The worst of it is...the bloody grass is still growing! Chooks don't want to go in the coop cos its still warm.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That was the maddest winter i'd seen in UK since the 70's

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
At its lowest, we had -17 Celsius outside our backdoor - that's a couple of degrees colder than the standing temp at the top of this ski run when I was there in the late 90's (not my image)

seventh.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Last edited:

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
I thought that was 2009/2010? Hit -19 near York.

Yes, mad warm for November, we have tomatoes outside that are ripening nicely and yet another crop of strawberries coming through.

6 weeks ago we were getting frosts.

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I've been wondering about that recently - I've gone a bit mad with budgeting, as we've moved house and now have gas central heating with a pre-payment meter. My entire adult life I've had solid fuel heating, so it's a bit of a shock with the gas, especially a prepayment as we move in over last winter and was horrified at the expense, as I've got to pay for what I'm using before/as I'm using it.

Since last year I've had new window put in as the old ones really weren't air tight, and my heating bill has reduced significantly since last year [I've put everything I buy/spend onto a spread sheet for the last year and a half so can see exactly what I'm spending on stuff] and I'm thinking it can't just be the windows. So now I've added an extra column next to my running gas costs to show the temperature outside [met] and the temperature at the boiler [thermometer] and a temperature at the living room [thermometer] to give me some indication of how hard the boilers working, so by next year I can compare it back to this year.

Still on a positive note the last I heard they're still forecasting a load of snow this year :)

@ Adze - I'm a little suspicious of that image, why is Ireland still green? :)

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
@ Adze - I'm a little suspicious of that image, why is Ireland still green? :)

Because bits of it were - it was a weather event, not a climatic one. IIRC the explanation at the time was that the jetstream was diverted South making our local weather very cold, but less so on the Atlantic coast of Ireland as the Gulf stream pushing North warmed the South West of Ireland. Belfast and Dublin on the East coast had similar weather to the mainland, they're just covered by cloud in the image. Also, the wind bearing the snow was an Easterly, so by the time it reached Cork and Galway, if it even got that far, there was no snow left, we got it all.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE