Its great being rained off!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Complements of the weather, I've sat infront of my laptop reading 100's of threads for most of the afternoon. :D

From leading a manic life its been bliss :)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
No excuse.........I have been to work today (on and off) re pointing a south facing wall. I was very lucky with the rain not washing all the pug out

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Jon Pickett said:
No excuse.........I have been to work today (on and off) re pointing a south facing wall. I was very lucky with the rain not washing all the pug out

We dont live that far away from each other. It did come down didn't it.
You were definatley lucky it didn't wash it out. :)

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi Pete.........Yeah didn't it just, I had a nice lie in and then almost went to work, but I thought I would leave it for a bit longer and I'm glad I did cos it chucked it down big time and would of ruined all me work. Went to work about 11 ish and had a good day, knocked off about 5 and at about 6 ish it chucked it down again..........result

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Jon Pickett said:
Hi Pete.........Yeah didn't it just, I had a nice lie in and then almost went to work, but I thought I would leave it for a bit longer and I'm glad I did cos it chucked it down big time and would of ruined all me work. Went to work about 11 ish and had a good day, knocked off about 5 and at about 6 ish it chucked it down again..........result

I was clearing a roof gully at 8am and got soaked, thats why i went home.
You know your wet when the crutch of your trousers are soaked.(dont just dont) :lmao:
I'll keep you informed on the land Im sorting as well for meets.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Working inside a soon to be nightclub for a bit so I don't get rained off at the moment.

Still the works alright and the lads are a laugh so I don't mind it.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Jon Pickett said:
I was still in bed at 8 ( lazy git ). Are you in the building game as well

afraid so (bricky) but i don't do site work anymore.
I guessed your in the building trade, otherwise you wouldn' :rolleyes: t be pointing on a day like to day.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
demographic said:
Working inside a soon to be nightclub for a bit so I don't get rained off at the moment.

Still the works alright and the lads are a laugh so I don't mind it.

You don't get rained off but look at the other benefits :D :p :D

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi Pete..........I'm a bricky too and I have just got back from the pub so wha hay and I still think you should of gone into work instead of sitting on your pc all day.
ATB.............Jon

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Jon Pickett said:
Hi Pete..........I'm a bricky too and I have just got back from the pub so wha hay and I still think you should of gone into work instead of sitting on your pc all day.
ATB.............Jon

Must be a bricky thing I had just got back from the pub as well :D :D :D

stoddy

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2005
dorset
lucky gits!

me and the lads started tamping a concrete slab on a double garage, and the weather was fine, until we did the last fine tamp, then it peed it down :(

we have been on and off all last week in dorset with the weather, but we can't go home :( (site agent a miserable git :) )

oh to be a builder

Laurence Dell

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Sevenoaks, Kent
It's alright for some, we don't generally get rained off :(

I had to climb and reduce a Robinia tree in that downpour yesterday :eek: fortunately we have good waterproofs for working in :umbrella:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Laurence Dell said:
It's alright for some, we don't generally get rained off :(

I had to climb and reduce a Robinia tree in that downpour yesterday :eek: fortunately we have good waterproofs for working in :umbrella:

Have your waterproofs got a lot of holes in now, cause them robinia trees have got nasty spikes ......Lovely trees though, is the wood any good for anything

Laurence Dell

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Sevenoaks, Kent
Jon Pickett said:
Have your waterproofs got a lot of holes in now, cause them robinia trees have got nasty spikes ......Lovely trees though, is the wood any good for anything

The waterproofs I have are special tear resistant ones designed for tree work so they aren't too bad. But it usually isn't proper trees that put holes in waterproofs but particularly with the trousers it is hedges such as Hawthorn :yikes: and conifer when we climb along the top to reduce them that do it.

The wood is reckoned to be almost as good as Ash for firewood and the grain is quite attractive finishing to a dark yellow colour. The wood from mature trees sometimes features large burrs:cool:

Here are some pictures of stuff my woodturning father has made from Robinia burr that I have got from work

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
clipper said:
You don't get rained off but look at the other benefits :D :p :D

It's not a nightclub yet, we have to make it into one, the only bog is one of those bleedin Tardis things that stinks to high heaven:(

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
clipper said:
Rained off again. Thank heavens for BCUK or I'd be really bored :D
Trouble is don't get an income from BCUK :( and if it keeps raining I'll be skint :eek:
Never mind Pete.........You could always sell your new shirt..........Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE