Its been far to Long

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I confess its been many months since Ive camped out at my little patch so decided to camp out last Monday night :)

First things first set up my Honey stove with the hive upgrade, its the first time Ive used it and got the Kettle on :)
DSCF0018.jpg

Got my brew made and got settled in
DSCF0026-1.jpg

Got a nice wee blaze on to keep comfy :)
DSCF0027-1.jpg

My home for the night
DSCF0042-1.jpg

And one of me
DSCF0043.jpg

Cheers Russ

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Looks nice and snug and safe, the warewolves wouldnt dare attack you in that set up Russ, well not with the amount of sharps you usually have on you. Infact knowing you mate you'd somehow sell them a strop or a firesteel. :lmao:

Thanks for sharing, plenty of people seem to be doing a bit of solo camping, not done any myself in over 8 months, well have to sort that out soon.

How did you find the hive upgrade?

Col

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
Hi Col I only had my ESEE-6 which does a grand job of everything i needed splitting down my timber ,feather sticks even used it to make my cooking crane to :) Ive not tried it out on a Werewolf yet but I'm sure it would butcher one just fine. Nah Id just sharpen the Werewolves claws and teeth for him.

I'm impressed with it it does seem to handle fair sized bits of wood and it ticks along fine nothing but white as in the morning and it kicked out a good heat spent most of the nite sprawled out nest to the fire.

Cheers Russ

Last edited:

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Nice one Russ i will also be trying the hive expansion kit this weekend ,looks like you get a good wee fire going in it !
Good pics as well

Cheers

Jason

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE