Its a start....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
I was in the garden the other day, one of the few days when it was not raining!
The squirrel was up in the trees above the footpath on the other side of the fence chattering away and generally telling me off for being in `his patch`.
I heard some people coming down the path, then a small boy said `What is that?`
After a moments listening and presumably watching he said ` Now I know what a squirrel sounds like`

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
It's sadly amazing that a lot of folks have no contact with wildlife. It's funny the amount of folk who get the real willies when they hear a summoning yell of a fox in the dark with no idea what it is.
But at least that lad is making a start.
Cheers for posting.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There is so much 'noise' nowadays, from tv's to tinned music to traffic, that many people don't know what's going on around them. They don't hear the birds, the wildlife, the different wind noises, the insects, the trees or the rivers and rain.

We have five major senses, and it's good to hear of a child learning to use his :)

M

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Its up to parents/grand parents to help educate children. My six year old grandson started 'Beavers' two weeks back, they are very impressed that he has some (growing) knowledge of map and compass :)

R-Tron 3108

Tenderfoot
Sep 4, 2014
Nottinghamshire
I agree with rik.
It's a parent's responsibility to bring up their children with an appreciation and a appetite for the outdoors. It's too easy to let them eat up their free time with their heads tilted towards a tablet, phone or just sat in front of the TV.
Our kids are less likely to 'go out and play' on our streets and in our woods like I once did with my friends. A sad sign of our times. This means that we need to find all the more time to get them wrapped up and take them out for walks and adventures.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE