It'll make a fantastic match safe - but I think it might hurt a bit.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Hell on legs, that's a monster of a thing! Does that cartridge contain one large projectile or many small ones?

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Does that cartridge contain one large projectile or many small ones?

No 1 shot mate - which is a largish sized shot - not buckshot but big - 3.5mm balls (and it holds about 250 of them).

Last edited:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Wow, that's some load, eh? What would it's use be?

High fast moving birds generally - large goose or the like.

I only bought a box because my lady wife just bought a new shotgun with a 3 1/2" magnum chamber and I've never shot a 3 1/2" - so it has to be done!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Beretta A300 Extrema SB - I have a Benelli but she shot our friends Beretta and really liked it.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I shoot an M3. Benellis are inertia operated, Berettas are gas piston. Clearly the Nova is pump (the M3 is of course pump and semi). I like inertia for simplicity but gas operated semis are light on recoil and the A300 has an inbuilt recoil reduction system. One thing to watch with the Benelli is the Benelli thumb when speed loading. It hurts!

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Always good to have a boom stick capable of loading 3.5" shells, you never know when you need to make cat flaps big enough to fit a hippo!

Lol and be ready for a shoulder whooping!

(While you're at it, shoot one of those nasty easy carve pumpkins with it and film it! And then put the bored out ablitterated pumpkin on your door step for halloween with a letter on it saying 'we ran out of sweets, now leave!')

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You could be right - I assumed UK No 1 (US No. 3) - but it could well be US No 1 :)

If you were right in your original assumption (it's equivalent to US #3) I can see it being used for high flying waterfowl as you stated. A bit larger then what commonly used back in the day of lead shot (that'd be US #4) but still a good choice. On the other hand, if it's the larger UK #1, then what would you use it for?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE