It must be Spring

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D
I said just yesterday that it felt almost Springlike for a couple of hours in the afternoon :)

Here's hoping that February and March are mild and we'll get a bumper crop of fruits :cool:

Thank you for the photo :)

M

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
This clematis was coming into leaf on 10th January.

12019301764_ef3a8af9a8_b.jpg

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
It's all a bit wonky, for sure; I've also got Rhubarb going strongly, Clematis and Honeysuckle coming with a dash............It's nice to have stuff early, but I worry! There's plenty of time left for the bad stuff............

We've had bitter Easterly winds today and forecast more of the same for a bit....................Oh well, que serra (sp)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
In the last couple of days we have dandelions out in flower and I noticed this morning an iris in flower in the garden and the birds are starting to sing a lot more

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Yes, I've noticed more birdsong of late. I notice too that there is another wet, windy and mild week forecast. That will take us towards mid Feb with no proper frost at least in the south of the country for the whole winter! i can't ever remember it so mild throughout winter. If we don't get a cold snap in the spring it is going to be bug central in the woods this summer.
Xylaria, stock up on you bug oil please!!

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
We have plants in full leaf too, i do worry though that a good frost or some snow will damage them. One of our blueberry plants never lost its leaves at all, i mean, never even showed signs of losing them, yet the other 3 blueberry bushes lost theirs in November, i said then that things were going a bit weird.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I love that things are coming to life, however I do feel cheated about not having a winter (again!). I love the cold, and patiently wait for months on end for Winter, and then Spring comes instead!

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
They are showing in some local woods too.

The earth must have had a quick wobble or something which left us tilted a little more towards the sun. Could explain the snow in Egypt too. :)

Last edited:

shack

Nomad
Mar 30, 2007
Devon
I've got a wild strawberry in flower, or at least it was 2 weeks ago! hasn't stopped raining since so not ventured that far since!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I fear for the fruit trees Steve - an early blossom followed by a frost could wreck the harvest :(

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
The Oak, Hazel, Apple and Blackcurrants in my garden are in bud, the Hop has shoots about 2" long. Various bulbs are pushing through the ground. And the snowdrops have been in flower since December. Am just hoping that we don't get a hard frost now that knackers it all.

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE