It Always Rains in Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Had a wee paddle today around the islands of eastern loch lomond.:)

Launch Beach.
100_2685.jpg

The View North
100_2658.jpg

Lunch stop
100_2635.jpg

100_2650.jpg

Deer tracks on the island ?
100_2645.jpg

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cracking photos SCR

SOAR mentioned at the meet last night that he`d seen deer tracks on an island on Loch Awe, I didn`t even realise they could swim that well. It would be a great sight to see one day though.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Beautiful SCR, just beautiful :approve:

My eldest as an infant toddled out in his wee red wellies at Millarochy bay, looked out over the loch, stretched his arms as wide as he could and said, "Mine ! "......I thought at the time he was being a bit ambitious :rolleyes: , but photos like that show just why even our babies love the place :D

cheers,
Toddy

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
Cracking photos SCR

SOAR mentioned at the meet last night that he`d seen deer tracks on an island on Loch Awe, I didn`t even realise they could swim that well. It would be a great sight to see one day though.

Yeah we've occasionally had them on the island here when they've falen in a river during a storm and been washed out into the estuary and swum in. There was also a stag on Wee Cumbrae a few years back that may have come from Arran.

Oct 25, 2008
In contrast...I remember my wife taking my stepdaughter to Loch Lomond while they were living with me in Embra.
She's an Aussie.
She said it was beautiful. But that it was SO cold. And then it started to rain and the raindrops were like ice daggers going horizontal.
So they both ran for the car and gave up. When they got back I said they should've waited for 1/2 hr. But what the heck, they didn't know. LOL
She said she'd seen pictures on the TV of the Lochs and such but couldn't comprehend the cold, 'cos it looked so warm.
Your a lucky bugger to live in such a great place.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE