Israeli Emergency Bandages

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
Israeli emergency Bandages

I have a few of these leftover from a conference / show i attended a while ago (they were given out as Demonstrators and review trial samples)
The Expiry dates Vary between late 2012 and early 2013

I am looking for outdoors books
Small outdoors type equipment

I imagine the value to be about £2.64 each for a commercial equivalent (please see posts below)

101_1811.jpg

101_1813.jpg

Last edited:

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
Retail value about half that mucker, just over 2.00

hot air without proof, so pm me with link, also you shouldn't stamp on a sales thread. Its in the rules on lots of other sites, not sure about this one, but its just etiquette. If you can get 'em start a group buy or another thread for us all to see

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Retail value about half that mucker, just over 2.00

Fiddlesticks.

We did a group buy and bought 150 from the UK importer and only got em in at £3.50, and they were only the 4" version.
£5 is a very fair valuation and at least a couple of quid cheaper than ebay. If you can get em for £2 each, buy em all.

Last edited:

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the deal with Israeli bandages?
I've seen them mentioned loads of times. What advantage do they have over other bandages?

Harley

Forager
Mar 15, 2010
London
I'm just trying to help fellas, don't shoot the messenger.

The T4 version http://www.spservices.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4386

The same retailer holds other dressings, most in the 2-3.00 range.

The example offered by ph5172 in this thread is a version without the pressure bar, retails at less than a fiver.

May I also point out that I am not offering anything for sale/trade/swap, neither do I endorse any particular retail outlet, also that this is not a 'sales' thread and I was merely offering friendly advice.

I am not the first to observe this, but several long-term users on this site are somewhat precious about their 'status' with regard to newcomers and I'm not willing to be judged on my post-count...

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
I would like to thank Harley for pointing the differences out so i have amended the trade value to £2.64 (but i didnt know whether to include postage at £4.95 in that)

Whilst we are on the subject i would like to point out that the variant in your link is the SP variant, whilst similar in the fact it has no pressure bar, it does not have the facility for one handed application (a loop in the 'working end') and the securing bar is of a different style (all perfectly functional at about 2/3 of the cost)

The Original bandage is made my First Care / Fentons and was made in 2 variants - with and without pressure bar,
The first without was designed to be used by non medical personnel to avoid the possibility of using the bandage as an accidental tourniquet with the elastic bandage providing the compression. (these bandages are given to American Troops on active service)
The second for use by medically trained staff or in situations where it would be appropriate to have the facility of the extra pressure (ie with massive trauma in remote locations)

If anyone would like a copy of the study into 'Pressure bar VS no Pressure bar' for a bit of bedtime reading i will email you a copy over

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
nothing to do with being a newbie or low post count, just thought it a bit rude
...... BUT having actually put up a link, give the messenger a comfy seat, cuppa tea and some chocolate hobnobs. you're bloody fantastic. Why didn't you post this earlier and helped us all out. Oh, because you only joined recently, AH ok then. suppose we should all say hi, too

I'm just trying to help fellas, don't shoot the messenger.

The T4 version http://www.spservices.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4386

The same retailer holds other dressings, most in the 2-3.00 range.

The example offered by ph5172 in this thread is a version without the pressure bar, retails at less than a fiver.

May I also point out that I am not offering anything for sale/trade/swap, neither do I endorse any particular retail outlet, also that this is not a 'sales' thread and I was merely offering friendly advice.

I am not the first to observe this, but several long-term users on this site are somewhat precious about their 'status' with regard to newcomers and I'm not willing to be judged on my post-count...

Harley

Forager
Mar 15, 2010
London
Gotcha my old fruit, point made and point taken! If I can get hold of some freebies I'd best start a thread then - I'm a team leader for various projects where this sort of gear is mandatory, but sorry I can't make any promises!

ph5172

Forager
Feb 13, 2010
Coventry
Just to clarify, when i searched for the Bandage the ones i found came out at about £5 (which i what i based the thread on), if truth be known i didn't check if they had a pressure bar or not (an oversight on my part) and i took the middle of the road price.
You pointed out an oversight / price difference which was duly noted and the ad was amended accordingly (which i have no problem with)

I must admit i was slightly miffed by the way it was done, but such is life and had no problem with it, but to then come back and snipe about me cashing in on freebies.....
I gave a civilised reply to your post, with what i thought was a reasoned response with relevant information regarding the products, i even offered to email copies of the study on Pressure bar VS No Pressure bar

Just to clarify i have no problem with what you have done, admittedly if you had sent the info by PM i would have updated the post accordingly and carried on with the rest of my day.

To prove i have no hard feelings PM me your address or your office address and i will send you one, as if you have to use them in your line of work im sure an extra may come in handy.

From one 'newcomer' to another
ATB
PH5172

I would ask the mods to please close and or remove the thread so the spirit of the site, and swaps section is kept as is, intended

Last edited:

Harley

Forager
Mar 15, 2010
London
You appear to have got hold of the wrong end of the stick old boy, my last post was in response to reddave and in no way was a snipe at your good self.

I have no objection to you offering these items, I have no need for them myself (my medical logistics manager provides them by the score to our clients) but thanks for the offer.

IMOM

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2010
Living the dream
Forgive my ignorance, but what is the deal with Israeli bandages?
I've seen them mentioned loads of times. What advantage do they have over other bandages?

Much easier to apply either to someone or yourself ,as they only have one (flying lead) Elasticated so applies pressure evenly and will conform to odd shapes e.g. stumps and heads and no knots to tie !

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE