Isn't Winter Great?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
There are several tools you need - but the precise tools depend on the type of saw in question - have a look on the saw sharpening thread just started ;)

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Winter? Not much of a fan of it myself. Six to eight hours of sort-of-almost-daylight (if you're lucky) just isn't good enough. Sure, there's the brilliant clear days which are fine and dandy, but lets face it - it's usually dreich and dreer. Then there's the days when it just doesn't seem to get light at all - as if the sun reluctantly hauled itself up, saw the impenetrable pall of featureless overcast draped over the entire sky like a clammy grey shroud, and thought to itself "Stuff it. I'm going back to bed."

I wish I could hibernate from about the start of December to the end of February. Maybe longer, depending on the weather...

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Too right.

The coffee pot is just starting to perk, the logs are ready for the Siberian winter and the three foot of snow (I wish) that we are due. Sheer bliss.

S8000303.jpg

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I am wanting winter to hurry up now. I couldn't believe I was being attacked by huge clouds of midges while working on a roof today. I had to go and ask the lady next door to borrow her incinerator. I made a fire in the bottom and filled it with damp leaves. I now smell like a bonfire, but it sure sorted the miggies. I have always attracted the smoke from the fire, this time I was glad of it.....
Sounds nice round yours Red....

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Winter is great for the clean, crisp and sobring air. Brings you right back to life after you'v been out on the town in the morning on the walk home. Its been awful down south though because of all the rain we'v had in the past couple of days. Everyone seems reluctant to come out which sucks a bit. Also its harder to get up in the morning.

But then again the scenery changes, which is a rather visually pleasing for a while. Then I get sick of the grey and damp and prey for an early summer.

No one is out on the downs or in the woods which is great. Nothing more annoying than mad mountain bikers tearing around n almost side swiping you. :twak:

Christmas is good because its the one time of year I can have a good excuse to engorge myself with sweets, chocolate, lager, meat, vegetables, cake and potatos, as well as nag people to buy me expensive gifts and give me money :D I like to place myself as far away from the centre of town as possible though...the Christmas shopping masses and ridiculous displays irritate the hell out of me. It felt like somthing from the movie falling down :AR15firin .

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I like winter Its easier to sleep after Night shift (got o bed in the dark get up in the dark though)
I enjoy mountain biking on frozen/snow covered ground.

I like to get out and about on cold days
The challenge of fire lighting is more interseting.
I will get time to do some carving and knife making and friction fire lighing

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE