Island sitting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Intertidal

Forager
Jan 26, 2008
Cornwall
For once a nice opportunity has come my way:
Me an' the missus are off on a fairly short notice 'holiday' looking after St George's (Looe) Island while the warden is away on hols. Another couple were supposed to be going, but couldn't make it and we volunteered to step in for a week.
Its 22 acres and about half a mile offshore, small broadleaf woodland, maritime grassland and a flock of 22 Hebridean sheep. We'll be staying in a basic bunkhouse, generally as 'minders' and to look after the fruit & veg garden and the flock.
I'm really looking forward to it - plenty of scope for wildlife watching, photography and hopefully some carving and net-making projects. I'm taking my fishing kit too of course!
Mrs is already over there tonite, but I've got a few things to do tomorrow and will paddle over in my sea-kayak afterwards.
Forecast not looking too bad either.
cheers all :)

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Spent one of my favorite childhood holidays on Looe island, hours of roaming and watching all the sea birds, happy memories. It was owned by two eccentric old dears back then, who owns it now? I am sure you'll have a great week.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE