Is this the cheapest food ever?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rebirth

Oct 25, 2009
In a barrel, in a field
There was a time i used to get food for free from dumpster raiding behind supermarkets and bring home a weeks worth of food in one night all within date and perfectly fine to eat.
Good to see it for sale and not in a skip.

jamalex

Jan 27, 2010
Halifax
Canned goods have always been pasteurised when sealed so should last till opened. NMost new ones are irradiated as well to really make sure. Also anything in sugar is fine for decades.

Bottled water has a best before date on it!

cubankopite

Jul 30, 2005
lINCOLNSHIRE
I work in warehousing for a food manufacturer and we have to put best before dates on everything salt only has one year:confused: we even give the plastic packaging a year.
the suplier we deliver to sends back perfectly good product with less than 10 days shelf life on it and then we have to pay to dump it:soapbox:

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
My order from the original link arrived by DHL yesterday.

The crisps are pretty good quality, I was surprised, they're not as good as "Kettle" crisps but not bad at all.

The beef jerky is still in date until April and is also good quality, although Worcester Sauce flavour wouldn't have been my first choice it's not bad.

Also got some good snack size bags of dried fruit, fruit juice, peanuts in handy snack size bags, dried soup, etc.

All in all I'm satisfied with the description and quality of the goods and the service. Oh, and none of us in the family have had any strange symptoms in our stomachs. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE