is this a genuine wildstoves?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outlaw13

Nov 20, 2013
Nottingham
I hope so. I got one from the same seller for crimbo. I think it was a little bit more expensive. It's the mk2 not the latest one with what I think has the better pot holder,

Robmc

Nomad
Sep 14, 2013
St Neots Cambs
I have one of these and no it is not the original. It is just as good quality as the original and works exactly the same. Outlaw is right, it is a copy of the Mk2 but I prefer the potholders this way as well.

Unfortunately it is a rip off of the Wild Stoves version, but I believe they were made long before Wild Stoves ever put them into production. I remember seeing versions of these 40 years ago.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Definitely a copy, wrong price, wrong pot support, and I beleive you can only get the original from wildstoves

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's a woodgas stove so it should be fine, they're all spin offs from the original Bushbuddy design anyway

Hi all,

Always happy to hear folk discuss our Wild Woodgas Stove :) and they say imitation is the highest form of flattery!

About 4 years ago we were approached by a young man in China who developed this stove and was looking for Wild Stoves to get behind it and bring it the Western outdoor & bushcraft market. We have done that, and remain a strong partner to this day. He has patents in China for aspects of this design (you can't patent the 'woodgas stove principles' but certain specific design qualities), but holding patents is very different from being in a position to act on them. So other than maintaining a strong ethical base as a company and continuing to develop the product (albeit and watch it be copied!) there is little we can do. We believe strongly in what we do at Wild Stoves, and won't stop developing this and other products - but we are certainly affected by copies.

Our stove is not a ripoff of the Bushbuddy any more than a Ford Mondeo is a ripoff of a Renault Clio; they're both cars, built using principles of motor transport developed over the last hundred years. Woodgas stove have been around a long, long time, and Fritz (developer of the Bushbuddy) and I are in touch, have a good relationship, and are both deeply affected by and uncomfortable with copies of products, which threaten the development of existing and new products in this field, and make others wary of developing new products we can only imagine.

So - the definitive answer is that the genuine Wild Woodgas Stoves are only available from us, as well as about 10 partner sellers here in the UK, all of whom use the term Wild Woodgas Stove. Our stoves are professionally packaged and include comprehensive instructions, and come with a 1 year Guarantee. They are also all embossed with our logo and a unique serial number. We also have trade partners in other countries.

We love what we do, and it's always a pleasure and privilege to be at the centre of the wood burning revolution. So for as long as we're supported by our customers, we're here to stay! Thanks also for all your ongoing feedback on this design. :)

All best wishes from the Wild Stoves team!
Jonathan

PS - Earlier last year I posted a response to a similar discussion - see
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96593&page=3&p=1280994&highlight=#post1280994

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE