Is it too late to order gear via Royal Fail, etc?

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
Is it to late to order kit? The simple side of my brain told me I'd be alright until the 23rd. Will it be possible to make an order on Monday and have it sent by courier and get it before Christmas? When does RF resume after Xmas?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Is it to late to order kit? The simple side of my brain told me I'd be alright until the 23rd. Will it be possible to make an order on Monday and have it sent by courier and get it before Christmas? When does RF resume after Xmas?

Linky thing ~ as with everything, nothing's absolutely guaranteed ;)

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
If you don't like Royal Mail try Yodel.

It depends on who you order from Amazon will be sending stuff on Special Delivery on Friday

Angus Og

Nov 6, 2004
Glasgow
Royal Mail is working till the 24th back on the Wednesday 28th till Saturday 31st, back on the 3rd in England and 24th in Scotland most companys will be closed till the New Year try sending them a email asking about there opening hours.

Last edited:

jim282

Jun 12, 2011
Lancashire
Oh yes! The thing that arrived for me on Friday were dispatched 1st class ten days ago. You've got to love the royal snail.

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
Thankyou, gentlemen. Duly noted.

My Woolpower 200gsm long johns should arrive tomorrow and with any luck I'll have enough time to call Endicotts in the morning on top of the other bits that need doing.

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
Last posting day is the 20th for first class post, special delivery should be OK on the 22nd but you take your chances.

As usual the place is swamped with cards (especially the tiny square ones that don't fit through the machines and have to be sorted entirely by hand)

As a lot of the extra work is being done by temps such as myself who have never sorted a piece of mail before mistakes do get made which result in mail going round the houses before finally getting to where it should be (often with post marks from various parts of the country being added)

So no guarantees that it will get there on time if you leave it too late

(on my way home from a night shift at Warrington mail centre)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
Last posting day is the 20th for first class post, special delivery should be OK on the 22nd but you take your chances.

As usual the place is swamped with cards (especially the tiny square ones that don't fit through the machines and have to be sorted entirely by hand)

As a lot of the extra work is being done by temps such as myself who have never sorted a piece of mail before mistakes do get made which result in mail going round the houses before finally getting to where it should be (often with post marks from various parts of the country being added)

So no guarantees that it will get there on time if you leave it too late

(on my way home from a night shift at Warrington mail centre)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

It's worth a try. I'll order today and see what happens. If it turns up, it turns up - if it dosn't, it dosn't...My landlord will just leave it outside my door until he realises I've gone away.

Another poor soul doing extra work this Christmas then. I know the feeling. I've got two 13 hour shifts this week to rake in the extra wonga.

Last edited:

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
dasy2k1 - I did a RM sorting job one year, and yeah, the little cards were a right pain. The other were the people who had no idea what their friends address was, so either just guessed or wrote down their friends(!) telephone number on the back..

Hope the rest of your shifts are OK, and the foods alright - that was the best thing when I did it, apart from the money!

As for ordering stuff, I've just got some Amazon stuff for my friend, and 1st class they reckon the 22nd-24th - so perhaps it depends on the operation. I know Endi's are lightening fast, but its after that you've got to pray for it going through with no hitches.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE