Is it just me?? DD Hammock stand.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevied

Dec 15, 2010
East Riding
Evening!

I decided to try my lovely new hammock stand in the front garden for all to see (big mistake!)

Set it up with the instructions and sat comfortably in my hammock for all of 3-4 seconds before the pegs pulled out of one of the ground plates and now have a wet bum!

Question is, could it have been the ground was too wet or did I put the pegs at the wrong angle/something else? Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for not laughing too much!
Steve.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I have the older version, when it was the Handy Hammock Stand, so things might have changed.

Each hole in the plate had an elongated slope, that the peg goes into ensure it is at the correct angle.

I always put the pegs all the way in and have never had any problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stevied

stevied

Dec 15, 2010
East Riding
I have the older version, when it was the Handy Hammock Stand, so things might have changed.

Each hole in the plate had an elongated slope, that the peg goes into ensure it is at the correct angle.

I always put the pegs all the way in and have never had any problem.

Thanks, I put one in vertically and the other 2 across and at an angle as per the destructions making sure not to put them all the way in. All 3 pulled out of the ground still stuck into the plate. I’ve just about finished my tantrum now so will try again tomorrow.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
All three should go in at an angle.
If your still having problems, I’ll dig mine out and show you what I mean.

stevied

Dec 15, 2010
East Riding
All three should go in at an angle.
If your still having problems, I’ll dig mine out and show you what I mean.

Thanks! I’ll try after work tomorrow and get the wife to video. If things go wrong at least you can all have a laugh!

Hmm..... isnt that why they invented trees? :)

Great invention, apparently the sticks commonly used for fires grow on them too. Clever things really!

Reactions: Nice65

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent

stevied

Dec 15, 2010
East Riding
I have had my adult daughter and a grandchild in a hammock swung between a handy hammock stand and they where messing about. No issues at all.
All 3 pegs need to be at an angle and driven fully home. What kind of a hole did the pegs leave ?? Did the ground rip or did they just slide right out.
I did a review some time ago https://bushcraftuk.com/community/index.php?threads/handy-hammocks-lightweight-stand.125590/
I really rate them.

Thanks for the link! The ground ripped, some of the grass was still attached to the base of the plate. I’ll try putting the pegs all the way in later. The instructions read that the pegs need to be in form but not all the way, guess it’s trial and error as to how far?

stevied

Dec 15, 2010
East Riding

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Thanks for the link! The ground ripped, some of the grass was still attached to the base of the plate. I’ll try putting the pegs all the way in later. The instructions read that the pegs need to be in form but not all the way, guess it’s trial and error as to how far?

Get on Aliexpress for some duckbill type pegs, or something longer. I got a bag of 8” pegs with glow in the dark tops for not much money. Ideal for tarping out on sandy soil in a windy hammock. I can’t post a pic, Postimage has gone weird.

Basically, your fixings failed, so need beefing up.

Reactions: stevied
Jan 29, 2020
Sheffield
Hello,

I know this is a really old thread but I was wondering if anyone on here would know where I could buy a Handy Hammock stand from? Can't seem to find one :(

Many Thanks,

David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE