Iron Age Holidays

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

larry the spark

Forager
Dec 16, 2003
Belfast
Just heard on the radio that the Forest of Dean aare thinking of doing a holiday experience set in the Iron Age, complete wih lifestyle, accomodation, crops and animals! Crazy but fun idea......anyone know any more about it?

ditchfield

Nomad
Nov 1, 2003
Somerset
Haven't heard about this, but I worked for a while in the 'Peat Moors Visiters Centre' in Westhay, Somerset. This is an iron age reconstruction settlement. Great fun. Hanging around in roundhouses, playing with fire, making gritty bread with the quern and chasing after chickens. Fantastic fun.

larry the spark

Forager
Dec 16, 2003
Belfast
Thanks Kath, that's the one I heard about. :-D

This made me laugh.....

'Make-up, jewellery, hair 'products', perfumes etc are strongly discouraged and will possibly be mocked.'

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
It's a shame they don't allow kids (apparently living in the Iron Age would be too boring for them!) Mine would have loved it... :lol:

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Kath said:
It's a shame they don't allow kids (apparently living in the Iron Age would be too boring for them!) Mine would have loved it... :lol:
Didn't you know ... there were no kids during the iron age :roll:

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Kath said:
Yep,
And I'm totally sure my 8 and 4 year olds would be a lot less likley to get board and bad tempered than a bunch of young teens that they do allow, seems plain daft to me!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE