IPK 'instructions for use' help?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Hello,

Just a quick plea for help.

I had a couple of IPKs delivered today, I'm not overly impressed, largely as they were described as new and unissued, which translates to 41 years old, perished and unopened. They are also lacking the set up instructions.

Does any kind sole have a set they could photograph/scan for me?

Many thanks.

Andy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Oh, somewhere.
It's pretty straightforward though. Lay out the pegs either side of the slit trench, stretch out the white line between them in a lace up pattern, cover with tarp and pile up the soil over the top of it all.

I'm pretty sure they're online somewhere.

Can't see me ever using them to cover a trench, but... the pegs and tarp are pretty sound :D and the white cordage is pretty bomb proof ....no pun intended :D

M

If you're quick on the screen capture....about 1.40 to 1.50 on this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh6mm1Oy59c

Just had a throught, I'm sure the instructions were inside my sets. If your's aren't opened, that's where they'll be.

Last edited:

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Came with instructions, pain in the backside to use. Although if you dug deep enough, a cot made it comfy.

Last edited:

Hypnagog

Nov 12, 2012
Essex
hotchpotchblog.wordpress.com
This may be too late to be of use, but I scanned the instructions that came with one of the ones that I have.

scan-140312-0001.jpg

scan-140312-0002.jpg

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Yeah those are the instructions for military use but they have so many uses I think they are one of the most useful bits of cheap surplus you can pick up You get a big tough waterproof sheet some good string and some big old pegs
The only thing I have little use for is the pegs but I can see they could be useful.
You say yours were unopened but perished are you sure ? If so its refund time surely

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE