Inverness

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Going to Inverness In June for a week , will have a Hire Car.

Wife will be going will be going with me who like a bit of 'armchair outdoors' if you know what i mean , not full on Bushcrafty , but like to get out and see a bit.

Plan to stay in Random B&B's with no real plan of attack.

What should we def. go and see???????

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I would definatly recomend a trip down the eastern side of loch ness, amazing views when you get to the top of the pass, went through there the other weekend for the first time and it blew my mind also the wester ross area and loch maree(?) I've only been here six months and every trip staggers me. also a trip to the kimberly inn at findhorn and a walk along the rossisle beach to the woods is a great way to spend the afternoon.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
i'd head down the coast of Loch Ness (A82), and stop at Invergarry (just off the A82 on the A87). Then just past Invergarry there is a single track road (watch out for the turning sign posted for Kinlochhourn) and head along there which makes a nice day trip into the start of Knoydart. Then you could go back to Invergarry and head up the A87 towards Skye.

there would be nice places to stay in Fort Augustus, Invergarry, Glen Claunie and Then Skye. To make a nice round trip you could then head east from Skye to Inverness along the B-roads. The drive would take you along the coast of loch Carron which is just beautiful.

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
If you like that kind of thing,have a look for Clava cairns.A large prehistoric site with standing stones and burial chambers.Also Culloden battlefield...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE