Internet Explorer has stopped working...

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
There are a few progs that will stop Int Explorer working, it's not a good programme to use actually, unless you have a very old PC, try Microsoft Edge, or Firefox they are much safer to use the IE, I find I have trouble on my IPad with IE, and I think it is Apple stopping Microsoft programmes from working, and if you use Google I find the same things happening, I simply think they (Apple, Google, Microsoft, et al) are at war I do know however that many sites do not like IE because it is not a safe browser.so easy to hack, and they are scared of losing their information. Do try an alternative and then see if you can connect to the sites you want, try Opera which I find quite good.
You may need to check that you have EBay as a trusted site in IE.

Last edited:
Reactions: santaman2000

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
go to TOOLS, internet options, security,click on trusted sites, then add ebay.co.uk, as a trusted site, it may be worth looking to see which version of IE you are running and what version of Windows , read below.

Pat Altimore, a developer consultant in the Microsoft Services Premier Developer group, posted an update to his blog last Friday (Jan. 8) which explained that users running older operating systems including Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 — even if they don't use Internet Explorer, but have it on their computers — need to update to version 11, because without IE 11 installed, some security-based Windows components will not be serviced. Those parts include the rendering engine for JavaScript / HTML, the Web Browser control and Windows' Internet Protocol Handler, and those features aren't included in any system updates that operating systems receive.

In his blog post, Altimore explained how other programs on your computer that access the internet rely on these controllers, handlers and rendering engines to access the internet, so if your PC isn't running Windows 10 and cannot use Edge, it is relying on the technologies included in Internet Explorer. Fortunately, Microsoft makes it easy to get the latest and most secure version of the Web browser, and we've got step-by-step instructions to keep you up to date:

to update IE look here for details.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17621/internet-explorer-downloads

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Tried Firefox...seems to work.

Thank you all.

Tengu the Digital Immigrant (Bit like my Finnish Aunty; 48 years in this country and still not a Citizen...)

Reactions: mikehill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE