Interesting rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
Got one of those at work; absolute bombproof!! Bloody heavy as well when filled with tools!

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Feb 4, 2012
Kent
That's a pretty great rucksack. I'll have to tell my husband to get himself one for all his work tools. I might also tell him to get two- after all a girl can never have too many robust bags....

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
what do you call distance hiking ? being in the good old US of A, probably around 1000 miles + on a weekend with the requisite weapons. :buttkick:

if you read the OP really carefully you will see I said for an "overnighter" not " distance hiking"

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
No frame/sheet weight transfer system, no hip belt. Not much use for distance hiking

I think the OP was thinking along the lines of getting gear and tools to an area to do a bit of crafting, indeed not the first choice for a long haul.

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
An overnighter for me would probably be somewhere between 15 and 20 miles, and likely to include 8 to 10,000 ft of elevation gain and corresponding descent. I did read the op carefully, and he says remove the tools and put them in the shed. IMO any backpack for serious hiking requires a hip belt and weight transfer system and that would apply for non serious hiking if carrying more than 20 lbs/10 kilos. Oh, Robbi, the vast majority of the hikers I come across have, at most, a bear spray as a "weapon" . Most don't carry more than an SAK.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
The idea of the plastic waterproof base sounds good in theory, but i can see it causing serious rubbing over the miles as the sweat builds up

Tonyuk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE