Coleman 295 lantern question......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Having received the Coleman 295 lantern from the GB on here ( great price by the way ) I have a question regarding the brightness of these lanterns.

On various reviews that I've read, the brightness is one thing that made up my mind to get one, one review even said that used outside at night you can play Frisbee in the light from this lantern ! wow thought I. Other reviews say it gives of a brilliant white light that is good enough to work by in a shed or garage....double wow thought I.

Well, I'm using panel wipe in it and once lit in my garage, I have to say it's not much brighter than my single mantle 226 and I certainly couldn't work comfortably in it's light.

I've followed all instructions regarding mantles, filling, pumping, igniting, I've even tried the Hi / off...Hi / off...Hi / off sequence to try and clear the generator but all to no affect

Am I expecting too much from this lantern or should it really be as bright as the reviews claim ?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

( see the brightness reviews below )

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coleman-Pow...406825923&sr=8-1&keywords=coleman+295+lantern

Last edited:

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I ve got no Issues with my 295 Latern, others have thougth, some say its too bright... I do more then 30 pumps, I keep going till the pump is getting to much to do :)

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Taken in a very cluttered dark garage full of next weeks camping gear.

this is on a half full tank using panel wipe and a total of 90 pumps !

( click on image to enlarge )

002.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE