Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Last edited:

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I am sure the Japanese have a word for it. So have we in Sweden and UK.. In fact, every country has.

Walking in forests to bread fresh air is one of the staple activities in European health Spas for centuries, together with spring water and veg rich food....

If this catches on it will be mayhem on the paths...
Fashion conscious people with water/coconut water/birch water plastic bottles in both hands, clad in glow in the dark Lycra tops and black leggings.
Mixing with the likes of us, in weird mix of Ex army, modified shop bought, carrying backpacks, visible axes and knifes........

Police will be called out, alerted to homeless persons playing with HUUUGE knifes, making fires and sleeping under a tarp.....

:)

Last edited:

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
A good well rounded choice.

But I would not admit to reading DM...people are prejudiced.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I know averything about the Kartrashians and latest baby, Meghan Merle, and all the (for me) totally unknown 'celebrities' in UK!

I used to buy The Sun when I lived in UK, but I heard that 'page 3' does not exist now as it used to?????

I always read our local online newspapers, for a laugh.

DM has one benefit, they buy articles from outside, then dumb them down, but it is easy to find the 'real' source.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I often don't really know what to make of articles like this, or even books like this. It seems to me that common sense dictates that a walk in the woods, or in countryside or anywhere that's more relaxing and detached from your usual pace and situation in life will be of benefit, it will be relaxing (if you let it), it will help with perspective, it will get chemicals moving around the body and brain that make you feel better, it will (generally) introduce you to fresher air and the list goes on, and on. So, when a book and articles come out on subjects like these I'm left a bit bemused, our parents knew it, we generally know it and yet the general population doesn't seem to know it until they're informed in a book and i articles and social media posts etc...

Are people really so detached from the world around them? And then there's the issue with this influx of people that suddenly have a lightbulb moment, if they have no idea before reading about this then it's highly unlikely that they will have much idea of how to walk about the woods or the countryside without damaging it... I think that the older I get the more I notice a separation from those that have an idea and those that live sheltered lives that have little idea on what it's like to be outdoors etc

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I doubt it will catch on; too much mud.
You are right, they might dirty their designer wellies.......

I am now waiting for somebody to write a book about the Swedish 'Fredags mys" now when Hygge, Forest bathing and the previous phenomena have been written about!

Fredags mys is when we pop to the Alco shop, get a bottle of something ( usually wine and a couple of beers) get some Cheeze doodles, crisps, Pizzas, and some sweets, then sink down with GF/BF/wife/husband/whatever in front of the telly and have a nice relaxing time.

Robson Valley

On a new journey
Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
The rhodopsin visual pigments in the human retina rod cells is sometimes referred to as "Visual Purple."
The maximum absorption, that really "rings your bell", is standard green = 540nm. Plants. Vegetation.

I'll bet that the city dwellers don't get much of a day-to-day dose of green. Like Victoria St station at 5 AM.
They get nearly a sensory overload in a waltz through the countryside. Must be quite a buzz.

In my lounge room, I have green shrubs to the roof and a 6' living fig tree in the corner.
They all drop leaves as is normal. Once a year, I clean up. Just like the garden.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Yea, and you know like sometimes this water stuff just like totally falls out of the sky too. Weird...
There are holes in the sky that let the water in.
The holes are very small, that is why the rain is so thin.

:)

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
The rhodopsin visual pigments in the human retina rod cells is sometimes referred to as "Visual Purple."
The maximum absorption, that really "rings your bell", is standard green = 540nm. Plants. Vegetation.

I'll bet that the city dwellers don't get much of a day-to-day dose of green. Like Victoria St station at 5 AM.
They get nearly a sensory overload in a waltz through the countryside. Must be quite a buzz.

In my lounge room, I have green shrubs to the roof and a 6' living fig tree in the corner.
They all drop leaves as is normal. Once a year, I clean up. Just like the garden.
Be careful with the fig tree.
Toxic/allergen sap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE