Interesting family camping site

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Both good sites for me to keep in mind for the family.

The fella at the Brecon site is a bit of a cross between Basil Fawlty and Colonel Blimp but a charming chap as is his wife. Make sure you check in, make sure you read the rules (sensible rules), he's a stickler for reading the rules lol. He does say on the web site that they sell eggs but they run out often so take some with you. Raised fires are allowed, free fire pits are there to use.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
We really do need a sticky for members' recommended sites. The two here are how all sites used to be but are now becoming rare: they need to be encouraged. I've just been asked by my son for the details of a site we used in France when the boys were small only to find it now has cabins, swimming pool, disco etc. and this is happening in England too. A farm I camped on in Devon as a teenager is now run by the Camping Club and has hardstandings everywhere, a list of regulations as long as your arm and treats tent campers with patronising tolerance- all in the name of progress!

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Here's my contribution.
Stayed there in the spring with another BCUK member and it's lovely. Views down over the Wye Valley, a lovely walk to Devils Pulpit and a tramp through the woods to the village pub.
Fires are allowed although they have just installed wheel hubs (big ones) as fire pits throughout.
http://www.beechesfarmcampsite.co.uk/

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE