inspiration

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Tantalus said:
the 2 plants are distantly related

one of the tricks used to be to graft hemp onto a hop plant where it grows and looks just like hops, just dont say i told ya so :wink:

Tant

Yes, the hop plant and cannabis sativa (hemp) plant are related.

Hop flowers contain a mild sedative also, as well as phenolic compounds that act as a preservative. When the addition of hops to ale, to give beer, was introduced to England by Dutch brewers, there was a bit of resistance from the "real ale" lovers, who complained that the virile, strength-giving English brew was being replaced by a horrid, bitter, torpor-inducing foreign potion.

I have heard of grafting hop plants onto certain strains of cannabis plant, in order to concentrate THC (tetra-hydro-cannabinol, IIRC) in the hop flowers... I don't know if it works, but I'm sure that it has been tried as a legitimate experiment in some university in the UK. In the interests of Science, you understand.

Keith.

Ginger

Apr 8, 2004
There's a shop near me that sells only hemp-wear.

They don't have price tags on their displays. Always a worrying sign....

But hearing that the stuff is breathable and cool makes me want to check it out.

I'll report back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE