info needed - Sabre 60-100 & Sabre 75

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Carpe_Diem

Jan 9, 2004
Australia
hi all

I'd appreciate some info from ppl who have used or own either the Karrimor Sabre 60-100 Or the Sabre 75. i'm interested in purchasing either one but i need to know the physical dimensions of the packs. I know the Sabre 60 has adjustable harness but the Sabre 75 doesnt, however i'm 6'1 so i'm trying to decide which pack would fit better.

I'd have to order the packs over the net as there are no local distributors of Karrimor so im keen to get the sizing correct BEFORE i make the purchase.

Pls also let me know general quality of the packs, specifically the harnesses etc and their ability to carry weight.

Thanks in advance for your efforts

regards
Jeelan

Hawthorn

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2005
London
Hi Carpe_Diem,

I'm after a Sabre 60-100 as I've done a lot of research and decided its a clear winner over the 75 (much, much more versatile for one!).

I already have a Karrimor with the adjustable back system and its a fantastic design (The bag is unfotunately inappropriate for bushcrafting). I would never get any bag without that back system and I believe the Sabre 60-100 will be perfect and the only bag needed (hopefully!). I'm 6'2" and find the system to fit extremely well (very comfortable), which may be of help (Its the exact same system on the bag I have as is on the Sabre).

Unfortunatley the website I was ordering from is out of stock for 2 months (Soldier of Fortune) and I don't want to wait that long! Do you know any other places I can order these from?

Hawthorn

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2005
London
Thanks Andy,

Price is much better than the website I was going to order from: 129.25 pounds.

Unfortunately they don't get them in stock until the middle of September :( , but I think I can wait...

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Hawthorn said:
Thanks Andy,

Price is much better than the website I was going to order from: 129.25 pounds.

Unfortunately they don't get them in stock until the middle of September :( , but I think I can wait...

Which website is selling them at £129?

morch

Native
May 19, 2005
Darlington
The shop in question is Endicotts, in Devon but obviously posting in the uk. There number is 01392 433331 and it was Kevin i spoke to, very helpful.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
dunno if this is any use to you, i bought a bergen a while back from these guys and the service and product was very good for the money.may not be your cup of tea but it will save you a good £100 and last a lifetime.if you do go for it specify "longback".they do get olive green occasionally and if you get a yoke you'll have a daysack with the two side pouches.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Genuine-issue...Z6555020379QQcategoryZ588QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
i have a sabre 30 by karrimor on a deal, the quality is superb but i cant justify the price.

Carpe_Diem

Jan 9, 2004
Australia
Hi Hawthorn

I got a quote from PRI which reflects yours minus VAT as i'm overseas. I have have orderd and received both the 75 and the 65/100 and the Sabre 75 tends to fit a lot better, particularly around the shoulders and chest as the shoulder straps are a little longer than the Sabre 65/100 and i have a thick chest so short shoulder straps tend to end around my chest area rather than tucking comfortably under my arm pits/arms.

The length of the Sabre 75 is also perfect for my back. The waist belt sits where it should and from what i've loaded onto it, it tends to take the loads up quite well.
The Sabre 65 is a little shorter in height than the 75 so again the fit wasnt right for my back length

Lets see how the 75 performs in the bush.

both packs came in around the 90 Pounds Sterling mark plus 80quid postage via DHL to Australia. Service in that respect was excellent. I emailed PRI for a quote then rang them to give them c/c no and they responded the next day with a tracking no and confirmation.

All in all i'm quite impressed with the quality of the these packs, however i feel that the shoulder straps are bit a too thick and might have a tendency to roll if you understand what i'm saying. I guess i will only tell when i've taken them out bush.

I'd rather they were a little WIDER and THINNER so as to spread the load out more. Beyond a certain point, thickness in shoulder straps dont really matter as long as the load is evenly spread along the entire length of the pack and the hip belts are functioning fine.

hope this helps.

regards
Jeelan

Hawthorn

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2005
London
Hi Jeelan,

Very useful information, thanks. Just one question (out of interest) - what colour are your packs?

Could you could put a write-up of performance with the two packs in the bush on this thread (if you don't mind), the info would be much appreciated.

(Thankfully, I'm overseas and VAT free aswell ;) )

Enjoy using them! :D
Ben

Carpe_Diem

Jan 9, 2004
Australia
Hawthorn

Both my sac's are OD but i think PRI are running short on OD in the 65/100 size, they only have BLACK available.

i WAS going to write a review on two packs, but it was going to be more of a comparative review between the Karrimor Sabre 75 and my Kifaru Pointman which has a capacity of approx 70L with the optional pockets.

It's currently my "bushwalking" pack of choice and i plan on swapping it for the Sabre 75 for the next few weekends.

I cant really say much about hte 65/100 because like i said, i dont find the fit as comfortable as i would like. i prefer simplicity so where a fixed harness system gives me a perfect fit, i will stay away from adjustable harnesses because there is more there that can go wrong with all the fiddly bits. Having said that, in my profession an adjustable pack comes in handy when we're constantly changing our 2nd line gear from no vest to tactical vest to armoured vest etc...

anyway, i'll put a comparative review up after this weekend.

regards
Jeelan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE