Inflatable mattress choice

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Been mooching round and looking at these

Blacks have them, also Millets...both £10

So which should I choose? Blacks own brand or Eurohike??

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Could be wrong but I think they're all much of a muchness. Ours has got a velour coating on the top which is nice. Nothing worse than peeling your skin off the bed in the morning should the sheet have slipped.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
I have two different inflatable mattresses (NOT self-inflators - you need to blow them up yourself).
I have a 'hikers' mattress, that I got from Argos a few years ago. It looks EXACTLY like the Blacks hikers mattress. These are the ones with several individually inflating tubes, like a beach lilo. They take only a couple of good puffs to inflate. They roll down to a nice small size - about the same as a kitchen roll.
I also have a traditional inflatable blue-flock camping mattress that I got from Tesco ages ago for a fiver or so. This takes about 15minutes to inflate. But it is VERY comfy.
I'm a real fidget in bed, and get really uncomfortable. For that reason, I nearly always take the Tesco camping mattress - it's big and bulky but I get a good sleep. But if you're not so fussy then the hiker's style will be much better because it's smaller, lighter and quicker to inflate. I would emphasise that I am REALLY fussy, so don't be put off by my preference.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE