Inflatable canoe advice.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
Hi all. I'm a little over whelmed. I would like a two person canoe to go up and down a canal. We weight 24 stone together and would be good if we could take a small amount of kit also. If I could get something under £150 I'd be happy.

Any thoughts would be greatly received.

Thank you.

haytor7

Tenderfoot
Dec 23, 2014
devon
Have a look at the. Tango Z Pro You might find one second hand for your budget. I got mine 3 years ago and its been great for an inflatable

I have used other makes and they don't come close.

andibs

Forager
Jan 27, 2012
S. Yorks
Unless you specifically want an inflatable, we might get a coleman or pelican "proper" canoe for that price. Better handling and tracking, better load capacity.

Andy

scottpix

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
edinburgh
Iv used an inflatable on the canals before and they cope ok, but that was just me on my own, I have also used them on Lochs and on coastal bays and if there is a slight wind it takes a fair bit of paddling to keep control and out of trouble, I wouldnt take 2 out in on a loch or bay, the wind gets a hold of them very easily.

Weight wise 24 stone sounds a lot, and there isnt much room once you get in them, probably better getting one each. The canals are very sheltered and are great places to practice, but I would err on the side of caution with 2 adults, these inflatables are more suited for maybe father and son type outings.
Whatever you go for always wear a life jacket,ALWAYS.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
c8431ae44db092cd8894a556fbe1366d.jpg

My Zpro tango, and I'm 16 stone

River98

Forager
Feb 3, 2012
england
That does look good. I've bought a Colman 2 man off eBay for 30 quid and will start saving up I think for the z pro.

kaizersoza

Trekking Troubador
Jan 12, 2014
Swansea
I bought an inflatable canoe last year, it was a lot more expensive than you want to spend around the £200 mark it is a Gumotex camo, it has been out on lakes and rivers with 2 up (adults around 30 stones) and it coped really well weight wise, wind does play a big factor and can blow you around a little (sometimes a lot) but they are great fun, the other thing I found with this type of inflatable is that the sides are quite low compared to say a seyvlor colorado, but we stayed pretty dry whilst paddling, hoping to use it this year to do a circular of the Monmouth And Brecon Canal, good luck getting what you want
Kaizer

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
+1 for the gumotex, a mate and I have one each. His is a 'twoser' and mine's a 'oneser'. Please note these are not the technical names, simply the capacity. I've had mine for more than a decade and can't remember what it's called, except I liked the quality and it's still going:lmao:It's been many places!
S

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE