Inchtavannach Isle, Loch Lomond

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
I'm sure he is soaking up all the valuable lessons he is being taught ,
little uns are like sponges especially when they keep jumping into the nearest body of water . :lmao:

Craig.........

Your not wrong there Craig, you can tell you've had kids as well lol, 90% of kit on my trips with the wee man are spare clothes for him, seems to get soaking wet every 2 minutes even when theres no water about, dont figure lol

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Let us know what they say bud, I'm curious as to how far I can push mine now :(

Enjoy the WBBB, I know you're gonna love it :)

Will do Rich, most up market tent makers usually look after their reputation of quality and customer service so im hoping woodlore and bergans are no different.

Many thanks for the advice on the WBBB, im sure i will love it (you just know big jason is reading this Rich and jumping onto google to find out what a WBBB and what ive been buying now lol)

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Will do Rich, most up market tent makers usually look after their reputation of quality and customer service so im hoping woodlore and bergans are no different.

Many thanks for the advice on the WBBB, im sure i will love it (you just know big jason is reading this Rich and jumping onto google to find out what a WBBB and what ive been buying now lol)
Have done twice ,,,still no idea :dunno:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
We had to buy erin a drysuit because she would jump out of the rib and shout man overboard , a bit of a worry inthe sea when you are doing 20 knots .:)

Craig.......

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
looks like a good trip till your Lavvu ripped like the pic of your son over in his chair made me laugh learning young, thanks for sharing.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Ha not quite Dobby lol, i liked the hammocking thing, just hated that Hennesey entrance system they used, especially when i had the underblanket on, so did a wee bit of research and took some advice from people and came up with the Warbonnet blackbird, besides you know how i like my different options when heading out every week

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Thank goodness you got off, i was worried about you both what with he winds to strong for a few days coming.

Great pics though.

Oh and i merely cleaned the floor with alcohol as i didn't have any 'flash' with me, thing shouldn't rip like that though.
My tesco £9.99 tent has withstood a few punishments and is still serviceable, they'll be at it if they won't replace, it's obviously not fit for purpose, in fact i think you're probably entitled to a full replacement under the sale of goods act.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
just a quick update on the damaged Bergans 6/8 man tipi badly damaged by the high winds on my recent outing to Inchtavannach. Sent of a email with a explanation of what happened to cause the damage as well as a photograph of the damage to the Staff at Woodlore and within a few hours they had got back to me to say Bergans had happily agreed to replace the whole tent, i was to send the damaged tent back to Woodlore and they would also refund the complete postage to me once they received it. Just got to say its always a pleasure to deal with people who dont mess you around and are more than happy to help you out if its in their power to do so. Well done Bergans and well done Woodlore, im a happy wee chappy again. :)

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
just a quick update on the damaged Bergans 6/8 man tipi badly damaged by the high winds on my recent outing to Inchtavannach. Sent of a email with a explanation of what happened to cause the damage as well as a photograph of the damage to the Staff at Woodlore and within a few hours they had got back to me to say Bergans had happily agreed to replace the whole tent, i was to send the damaged tent back to Woodlore and they would also refund the complete postage to me once they received it. Just got to say its always a pleasure to deal with people who dont mess you around and are more than happy to help you out if its in their power to do so. Well done Bergans and well done Woodlore, im a happy wee chappy again. :)

A happy ending , nice one
Twodogs

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Good deal. Your Scottish pics of hot tenting are making me think again about getting one.

Haha, i'd better update your statement for the good folk down south who are blessed by a mythical big yellow thing in the sky that is the stuff of legends up here in Bonnie Scotland. Hot tenting in Scotland means running a stove for a solid 3 days and at the end of the 3 days the temperature in the tent has risen 20 degrees to a positively balmy -5C lol.

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Great result Col , glad you and oor Ross got home safe and sound bro ... y i cannie beat oot in the wild weather , me , Dave and Sean were up the hills ,, it was very wild mate .. great pics bro ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE