In the garden

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
We were sitting out in the garden earlier today and noticed a slight movement amongst the variegated ivy that we have growing up an old wall between us and next door.

We kept watching for a short while and then this little chap poked his head out from the undergrowth, made sure everything was safe and then proceeded to sit on a largish Ivy leaf and sun himself, he certainly wasn't intimidated by me poking a compact camera in his direction either.

Lizard29-7-2011.jpg

For those that don't know it's a Viviparous Lizard (Zootoca vivipara) also known as the Common Lizard, not that common around here in recent years though, wonderful to see one again as ive seen a Lizard in the garden for a long long time, hopefully this will be the first of many sightings of this little chap in and around the garden.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
cheers mate, have to say it was "cropped" from a much poorer pic as i only had my compact camera handy, this is the original pic that it was cropped form

P1010816.jpg

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Nice piccy!

I found a juvenile common lizard in the garden a couple of months back, a tiny little dart grey chap. I thought it was a newt but after some research realised it was a lizard! Havent seen it since tho :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE