In the field replacements...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
When I’m out and about I frequently see other peoples mess and I have two options with how to deal with it. My first preference is to stick whatever it is into a bag and take it home with my own mess and the second is to bury it.

The taking it home bit is fine for the inevitable crisp packet and things like that... dog mess err... I try to avoid it.

I'm a smoker and when I’m out I take cigars with me instead of cigarettes as cigarette butts contain fibre glass that never goes away. I can break down the dead cigar and it's at one with nature again... I guess some people take a pipe maybe.

Does anyone else have any equivalents they use when going out that may be useful to me or anyone else?

Joe

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
I always smoked roll ups without a filter, biodegradable in a few days.
Tabacco and its various constituents are however toxic to all life, just read the health warning.

I also find that the butt makes excellent tinder/firestarter.

Wherevever I go I always carry a poly shopping bag in my pocket and when I'm ready to leave my selected spot I give it a good tidy and pick up all the rubbish I can. You sometimes get lucky by finding someones lost items. I recently found a zippo lighter a can of vegetable broth and a brand new never used frying pan - so it was soup for lunch. It is annoying when someone leaves a mess it is just sheer lazyness.

Cheers

JFW

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
I have changed over to using natural twine for most of my tieing needs shelter building etc

it is cheaper that paracord (which is a bit over the top for a lot of jobs) and will disappear back to nature if it is left behind

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I always smoked roll ups without a filter, biodegradable in a few days.
Are you sure they biodegrade in a few days? I would think it is longer than that..... Probably better just to burn them in the fire or take them home with you.

Ed

JFW

Settler
Mar 11, 2004
Clackmannanshire
Yes you are right Ed. I should have said they return to a vegetable matter state in a few days. I stopped smoking in march this year so its a bit academic now. Burning in a fire was always my favourite way of disposing of this kind of rubbish if I wasn't taking it home.

Cheers

JFW

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Stuart said:
I have changed over to using natural twine for most of my tieing needs shelter building etc

it is cheaper that paracord (which is a bit over the top for a lot of jobs) and will disappear back to nature if it is left behind

HAIRY STRING !!! gods own fastener :super:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE