In praise of Topknot.........

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Needed a decent sheath for a "knockabout" knife - its a cheap knife that is intended for those times where use may be abuse and I don't care if I stain, snap, chip or bend it. I Just couldn't stand the rubbish sheath it came with though so threw myself on Topknot's mercy for something that at least felt secure and that I wouldn't "JonnyP" ;).

The sheath is another example of his stunning work - far far better than the knife :lmao: . I expect I'll mank it up it short order - but his work really is superb

2702493618_a2cf7d8b77_o.jpg

The oak and ivy motif he did originally on a lovely strop that Bushwacker Bob commissioned for BB and I to strop our knives on (the same motif as is on our rings) - its now on this sheath as well.

Far to good for a "knokabout" huh?

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Topknot, top work! I love his work, I'm still to get the girls sheaths done for their Stuart Mitchell knives and I've just had a small windfall, so it's a toss up at using it for diesel and beer tokens for the Moot or to get those knives clothed at last! I know what needs to go on them now too!

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I'll second Topknots work Its great I have an axe mask and a knife sheath both matching with a fancy basket weave pattern.

Love em

Greg

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi Red ,
Thankyou very much for the pic . The ones i did are poor , but this one came out well

img1002ml6.jpg

Came home from work today and the postee has been THANKYOU mate.

Yours Topknot.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Tis lovely!
Topknot any good recommendations on books on the subject of carving embossing etc, would love to have a go at something simple.
D

James_m246

Forager
Oct 12, 2006
Suffolk, UK.
Hi Red ,
Thankyou very much for the pic . The ones i did are poor , but this one came out well

img1002ml6.jpg

Came home from work today and the postee has been THANKYOU mate.

Yours Topknot.

That has got to be one of the most beautifull things I've ever seen.
I havn't seen much leather carving before and I didn't know you could carve things like that, all the ones I've seen are very basic patterns.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi,
There are books out there but i taught myself over the years.
Thankyou for all your comments.

Topknot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE