In need of a rucksack.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
As im skinter than a skint thing thats skint at the moment, im in need of a rucksack for the Middlemud meet, got a lot of untested kit to shift and nothing to put it in, im not even sure what size i need (how do you measure a pile of gear in litres?).

So if any kind and generous person out there could take pity on a down at heal bushcraft wanabee and lend me a 'fair to massive' sized rucksack, much apprieciation would be bestowed on the aforementioned charitable personage.

:notworthy

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
I could travel upto say 40 miles to pick one up, and then drop it off afterwards, if that makes things easier.

Diesel is a must on my budget (motability), but rucksack aren't.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
Cheers for that Rich, £35 might not sound a lot, but it's way outta my league.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I can't help you out I'm afraid, although a suggestion would be to make a trip to your local surplus store and see what they have, or make a Hudson Bay pack from an old blanket or poncho and some cordage. Either that or a Roycroft Pack Frame. Try surplus and adventure for an LK 35. They were reduced to a fiver a while back and they are bombproof and have a massive capacity.

LazySod

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 18, 2007
Oldham
what size are you after? 75l OK?

I've no idea, how big is 75l .... i was born pre-metric !!!

I can't help you out I'm afraid, although a suggestion would be to make a trip to your local surplus store and see what they have, or make a Hudson Bay pack from an old blanket or poncho and some cordage. Either that or a Roycroft Pack Frame. Try surplus and adventure for an LK 35. They were reduced to a fiver a while back and they are bombproof and have a massive capacity.

That looks good, but how big is it (and don't say 35l.)

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Doesn't help for Middlewood but.... I was going to sell my dpm issue bergan whilst there. I'd rather it went to a good home so it's yours Tony, gratis. I'll bring it along to Middlewood, you take it home.

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE