Imagine Money Were No Object...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elessar

Dec 11, 2007
Essex
Ha!

i like this question! quite blatently a caravan comes first!!!

Na, just joking, if money were no object you could have everything custom made to yourselfi.e. knife, boots, colthing etc. So the possibilites would be endless.....

however i would deffinatly invest in a huge piece of woodland!!
(it could be classed as kit ;-) )

J

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
For starters, one of these ....

desert-island-800x600.jpg

... with one of these for getting around and doing a bit of island hopping

182798546_3ac054c145.jpg

... and for winter and Christmas

338936079_7198950399.jpg

Sweet Dreams

Rich

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
It doesn't matter how much money you spend on your kit, if you can't use it to its best effect, you're no better off than the newbie with a Mora and a plastic tarp!
I've spent more than my fair share on goodies and gadgets in the past but seem to always return to the basic gear that I've had for years. I'm not saying that a new rucksack and some ventile wouldn't go amiss but I can get by with the gear I have.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Land, with trees and burns and lanes and hedges and small allotment patches.
Good like minded neighbours, well spaced about.
A talking ring of standing stones with a welcome hearth.
Wild land above and beyond but leading into the settlement boundaries, with a loch or two around just because they're full of good things:)

Don't want much , do I? :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Toddy

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Second that!

Thirded by me! Having a tankful of cash would mean not doing what I do now and allow more time for the simple things in life and I'd rather have that with a plastic tarp and a Mora than all the best kit in the world and no time to use it :)

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
I would buy time!

I fourth (does the word exist?) that...

If that wasn't possible I'd buy Canada and the US, and throw all people out my new private property :D

Mike

Sickboy

Nomad
Sep 12, 2005
London
Money no object? well i think i'd be travelling the world with nothing but the clothes on my back and my wallet and passport in the pockets.
Once met a bloke who 'did' credit card backpacking for 6 months around asia, he sold me on it in about 5min's :lmao:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
A light saber. Dunno what application it could be used for that the kit I cuurently have couldn't perform, but it would certainly be a great talking piece. Of course, no one else would be able to play with it, it is my precious, plus you won't be able to catch me because I'd also have my jet pack that Tomorrows' World promised us all those years ago. I never realised that Brian May was in drag for that programme!

JUDHAN_h250.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A nice cottage, a few acres, a stream, a wood fired range, my battered old chair (which still has scars on the arms from the previous owner cutting plug tobacco up), my whistling kettle. Mug of tea, socks on and boots by the door. Bread rising in the oven. Running a few courses in a "just for the beer money" way.

Oh and BB popping a roast in the oven.

Later this year with luck - next year otherwise

Not very Bushcrafty I guess - but a few woods to play in and hills to walk on are just outside - the occasional mate can camp in my field and we can shoot the breeze over a fire and a few flagons of home brew (please don't spill any - it kills the grass).

Red

(oh woooouldnnnt it be lurverly)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Land, with trees and burns and lanes and hedges and small allotment patches.
Good like minded neighbours, well spaced about.
A talking ring of standing stones with a welcome hearth.
Wild land above and beyond but leading into the settlement boundaries, with a loch or two around just because they're full of good things:)

Don't want much , do I? :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Toddy

About the same , you don't mind living next door* do you?

Can't say i am too bothered by all the custom kit as long as I have space for a forge I don't mind having a bash at making most of it.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Not in the least :) We'll shuffle up and let Match & Eric and the rest move in up the road too :) Think of the workshops :cool: everybody making goodthings around the place.

I think I spent half my childhood in workshops, from joiners shops to boatyards, engineering works to house, from tailors to kitchens and gardens :D All busy, creative places.

Y'know school is a good thing, but it misses too much. People need to be able to make things. Probably why bushcraft appeals to so many of us.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE