image quality for leather stamps?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
Hi - as an aside to the current thread on acquiring stamps for leatherwork, what kind of image/quality is needed to produce a half-decent stamp? Also any opinions on what works best in terms of lines or solids? I have an image in mind/on file that I'd love to use but haven't the skill to tidy it up in the way I'd like or I imagine that they would be able to work with.

Cheers

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
We have had a chat. I'm trying to avoid just grabbing something off the net, or even stealing someone elses work, but as I'm no graphic artist I didn't want to waste the considerable time it will take me working on something that wont be suitable for use as a stamp.

_mark_

Settler
May 3, 2010
Google Earth
Black and white, (your avatar is perfect), the bigger and cleaner the lines/edges the better. I can lend a hand if you need any help?

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
Black and white, (your avatar is perfect), the bigger and cleaner the lines/edges the better. I can lend a hand if you need any help?

Thanks - it was something along those lines I was hoping to use, unfortnately thats someone elses work. I'll PM a link to what I was hoping to clean-up/adapt and would be grateful for your input.

Cheers

tel

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
What can I say ? Thanks to the very generous assistance of _mark_ I think we have it sorted - that sums up the 'community' bit that oft gets mentioned round here :)
All tidied and smoothed, and currently trialling as my avatar - what do you think?

tel

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE